The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, bose said:

Not surprised he's out. At least Cash is back which is a HUGE boost.

It says they are making a decision on him later this morning on the official site?

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

It says they are making a decision on him later this morning on the official site?

I’m giving Kendrick the benefit of the doubt on this one, if he’s saying that he’s out then I take his word for it.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, omariqy said:

Once again this contradicts what Smith said. He said they'll make a decision Sunday morning, unless of course the decision was taken early because he wasn't able to train with the squad yesterday. Still don't understand why if he's pain free and running freely why he can't train with the first team, but hey ho. 

Smith said he's 99.9% sure he'll play against Fulham, I hope this isn't disingenuous or there's gonna be a few disgruntled fans that's for sure. 

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

9 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Once again this contradicts what Smith said. He said they'll make a decision Sunday morning, unless of course the decision was taken early because he wasn't able to train with the squad yesterday. Still don't understand why if he's pain free and running freely why he can't train with the first team, but hey ho. 

Smith said he's 99.9% sure he'll play against Fulham, I hope this isn't disingenuous or there's gonna be a few disgruntled fans that's for sure. 

I don't recall him ever being so confident that Jack would've played against Fulham.

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yes, he said that in Friday's press conference (well technically he said 99%). Skip to 3:30 in the video below.

Thanks for that. Apologies, I was getting confused with the Newcastle game, where I thought you were saying Smith had already said he'd be back.

Sounds promising, and the extra time afforded by the international break will be very welcome.

• Like 1

As much as I'd liked to have Grealish for the Spurs game I much rather he isn't rushed back and having the extra 2 weeks over the international break is perfect.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, nick76 said:

I understand your point and maybe you are right but maybe you aren’t.

The reason I don’t think it’s a factor for at least for couple more seasons is that he signed a five year deal, not two, three or four so he’s in it for the long term.  He knows that severely restricts him being able to leave easily for years, he’s brought into the project that he knows will take years to achieve and he’s happy here.  He’s already said this season how happy he is with the progress.  

We are also at least a top ten team in the best league in the world, which is nothing to sniff at.  We are currently competing with Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and Everton for league position in our second season back.  

Yes we aren’t in the Champions League but the Premier League is the highest level outside of the Champions League and this season we have competed. He’s with his home town club, family and friends close by and hero to many, nevermind the big salary and being captain.  

Yes moving to Man City would be a big step up but being at Villa isn’t a shoddy second either.  Jack is a Villa fan, all I ever wanted to do as a kid was play at the highest level with Villa, Jack is close to doing that.  Growing up my dream wasn’t to be a part player potentially winning trophies at Man City.  Jack could’ve left in the summer if he wanted more, he could’ve signed a shorter contract if he wanted more but he didn’t he signed a five year contract, he’s here to stay.  He would’ve got reassurances from the owners I’m sure and so far they haven’t let us down but fans still fear the worst.

Villa isn’t a shoddy second, he plays on one the highest platforms in the world in the premier league and plays for and is captain of his home town club.  

Sometimes it seems our fans undervalued the league we are in, the level we’re are playing at and the club we are.  Yes Man City is going to win trophies but the grass isn’t always greener and Jack has put all his eggs in Villa’s basket signing the five year contract.

I hope you are right Nick.

Odegaard is settling in nicely at Arsenal. I think they will sign him permanently rather than go after Jack. Can’t see Spurs or Liverpool stumping up the cash. Not sure where he’d fit in at United. Which leaves Man City, hopefully they will decide better options are available cheaper abroad. If they do want him tho, I think he’d go without a second thought, I’m not sure Id blame him either.

• Like 1

I still think we are much more likely to lose Doug to City than we are Jack.  They have to put every penny into trying to sign Messi surely?  A chance like this to get probably the best footballer ever doesn't come round very often.  Then Luiz would be a decent value deep-lying midfielder.  They don't really need much else.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

I hope you are right Nick.

Yep...but I do think that we need to occasionally remove our C and B spectacles when discussing Jack. The 5 year contract does not really mean that much and is not confirmation of Jack’s commitment to stay for years, imo. EVERY contract signed by a player obviously has mutual benefits and I am sure that Jack signing for 5 years was purely so that the club would get a huge fee when he leaves. As I’ve said on this thread previously, if ( and in the current climate it is a big if) we receive an offer in excess of £125M this Summer, Jack would be very interested in moving on. The ‘one of our own’ sentiment is very romantic but Jack come across as incredibly ambitious and should a CL team come knocking, he will be very tempted regardless of the 5 year contract. His confidence in his own ability means that he wants to test at the highest level and as soon as he can. Hopefully no offers come in this Summer...if not we simply must finish in Euro places next season to have any hope of keeping him. 

42 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Odegaard is settling in nicely at Arsenal. I think they will sign him permanently rather than go after Jack. Can’t see Spurs or Liverpool stumping up the cash. Not sure where he’d fit in at United. Which leaves Man City, hopefully they will decide better options are available cheaper abroad. If they do want him tho, I think he’d go without a second thought, I’m not sure Id blame him either.

Wouldnt mind trying to hijack odegaard

42 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I agree RE Odegaard, but I don't think Arsenal would have the funds to buy Jack either. Same goes for Liverpool or Spurs.

29 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I still think we are much more likely to lose Doug to City than we are Jack.  They have to put every penny into trying to sign Messi surely?  A chance like this to get probably the best footballer ever doesn't come round very often.  Then Luiz would be a decent value deep-lying midfielder.  They don't really need much else.

Agreed with this too. 

8 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Smith said he's 99.9% sure he'll play against Fulham, I hope this isn't disingenuous or there's gonna be a few disgruntled fans that's for sure

Or fans could just accept the message from the club is for a reason and not just random to upset the angry forum users. 

46 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

They need Luiz even less than they need Jack.

What has Luiz done to make people feel City will be so keen on re signing him?

Not a dig at Luiz either, just sense to me.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

from what I see from city fans, they are talking about him replacing Fernandinho 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Gap in their squad with fernandinho getting on a bit 

The thing is gundogan almost out of nowhere has become maybe the most in form best CM in the PL, last year I could maybe see city replacing him too, now I can't 

* I say out of nowhere... He was quality for dortmund and at times for Germany just nothing crazy for city before this year 

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Why would he leave us for Arsenal even if they did stump up the cash? Can’t see that as a forward move for Jack in any way.  Spurs aren’t much better, take out Kane and Son, and they aren’t a great team and Mourinho won’t be around for long.  Even if they spank us later it still wouldn’t change my mind, they arent a better option for Jack leaving us.

Â