The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So do we think there’s a minimum fee release clause included and if so, I wonder how high it is. I’d like to think it’s nothing less than £80M.

Be amazed if an outright release clause is less than 150m. A relegation release clause might be around 80m mark, although I doubt our owners are even that negatively minded to go there.

Jack's status as the greatest Villa player in the modern era is all but set in stone now for me.

Yeah there have been more talented players or ones that have achieved more but the fact he stayed with us during one of the clubs darkest ever eras, got us promoted, stopped us from getting relegated and still hasnt left means he's right at the top of the pile.

One of the very few positives of the the last 10 years.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 3

Amazing news. 

2 years ago, we were close to having to sell him on the cheap to survive. 

A few months ago we were 7pts behind with 4 games to go.

So many amazing things have had to happen to get to this point. As a villa fan its felt like we've been incredibly unlucky in the past, but **** me we have been flying these last two seasons. 

Amazing times to come, no doubt about it

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Also, if he really is on £140k a week now that is huge, considering people were talking about us not being able to offer Premier League wages. Absolute scenes!

It now means other players coming in will see us and think okay they can pay and match my ambition.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Not even remotely comperable. He's now in the PL where he attracted interest from the very best clubs after a great season. Is an England international. Not the same, but lets not stink up the yays with that discussion. 

It's literally the same thing. Team wanted our player, we said no. But yes I agree, UTV.

Should be more excited but honestly never thought he would leave after relegation survival. Glad all my glory hunter mates will finally shut up about him leaving. We had to restructure our wage bill to be competitive and he absolutely deserves it

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Things are changing.

Hopefully.

Nothing is a given in this game but securing a player like Jack Grealish is a statement of intent.

The owners will really do everything they can to make us successful. Are they able to do it remains to be seen.

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Amazing news. 

2 years ago, we were close to having to sell him on the cheap to survive. 

A few months ago we were 7pts behind with 4 games to go.

So many amazing things have had to happen to get to this point. As a villa fan its felt like we've been incredibly unlucky in the past, but **** me we have been flying these last two seasons. 

Amazing times to come, no doubt about it

It used to feel like we were cursed, but recently - as you mention - luck has been with us.

• Like 1

Â