The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm VERY annoyed that people have no problem disrespecting us by basically, AND publicly telling our prized assets they need to leave to "better" themselves or play international football.

It's all the more annoying when it's from people who you think have a "love" for Villa.

I really doubt that he does...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Surprised Southgate has come out and said what he's said. He's effectively saying Grealish needs to leave Villa if he wants a call up to the England squad.

I understand you need to see players doing it against the top opposition but players like Mount & Hudson-Odoi have been called up for doing far less than Grealish has.

We really need to go up this season as there is a chance Jack now looks to leave if he is desperate for caps.

He will leave regardless of England. The club needs the money.

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Flimsy.

Flimsy?!

It's flimsy that England tend to expect more from their players than Australia or Ireland and want them to be playing at a higher level?

Curacao have a player in League 2, maybe Southgate needs to get down to Oldham to see what other talent they have. 

• Like 1

I don't really see the issue with what he's saying in itself. Obviously it requires a lot more to perform at Premier league level then championship. I have no doubt Jack will do that once he gets the chance. But its yet to be proven. 

However it comes across hypocritical when he calls up other championship players or fringe players from a top 4(6)club. 

• Like 1

It's what friendly games are for Gareth, give others a chance to show you what they can do. 

Call him up for a game ffs, surely you can see in training if he would be good enough. 

Can't wait to see Lallana called up again 🙄

Edited by Jimzk5

I didnt necasarily think Southgate was Villa, but would argue that he spent many of his best years here. Its his prerogative at the end of the day, the comments he's made.

Funny how the world cup finalists are happy to pick and start a championship player in Kalininc. Cant even get in the Villa team.

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Funny how the world cup finalists are happy to pick and start a championship player in Kalininc. Cant even get in the Villa team.

Are there any Croat gks playing at a higher level? 

Kalinic probably wouldn't be playing, no matter how will he did for us, if there were a dozen Croat GKs playing in the Premier League. The situations aren't equivalent. 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Pretty sure we're similar with Jack. We literally won 4 on the bounce as soon as he came back after winning 2 in 13 without him.

It makes sense when you realize Mount is on loan from Chelsea.

Over the season as a whole so far, I believe it’s a 48% win rate with Jack (12 wins from 25 games).

Without Jack it’s 15.4% win rate (the 2 from 13 games you mention).

Looking just at the time since Smith took over, the win rate with Jack increases to 69.2% (9 wins out of 13 games).

Obviously the win rate under Smith without Jack is the same as before.

On the goals front (as that Derby stat has included it) -

Across the season - 52 goals with Jack (2.08 ppg)

16 goals without Jack (1.23 ppg)

Games under Smith where Jack has featured has yielded 32 goals (2.46 ppg).

Based on the 26 games with Smith, we score twice as many goals when Jack plays and our win ratio more than quadruples.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Grealish is kicking his own ass playing Championship football, when if we are really, genuinely, totally being honest...he should have forced a move this summer for the good of his career.
One man's loyalty is another man's questioning of motivation.

He is too good for us, if we go up this season he will still probably still be too good for us. He is a top, top player and would only be better playing in a better team.

Saying that, I hope he never leaves because I am a selfish bastard.

I don't agree with anyone saying a player is to good for a club, especially our club. Jack is to good for this league but to good for this club that's just ridiculous. I don't think any man utd fan ever said the likes of Ryan Griggs or Eric cantona were ever to good for the club. No player is to good for the club he plays for, that's just putting players on a pedestal. Grealish is a fantastic player no doubt about that but it does sound as if your saying Villa is garbage and not worthy of his presence by saying he is to good for us. The only thing that does sound agreeable is that the league we are in Jack is beyond it and needs to shine elsewhere, if possible with us in the premier where he still wouldn't be to good for us and to play for us.

I am curious but if we were sitting in the top five of the premier would you say that still, something tell me you wouldn't because of how our clubs rating would be.

Edited by Dave-R

On 21/03/2019 at 00:29, Nigel said:

All I want is for us to put a price tag on him that has all opposition fans saying he's not worth it!

I'm talking ludicrous! 

40 million should do it

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Didn't Southgate actually say something more like Jack needs to be playing in the Prem so he hopes we go up?

No. He basically said they can’t judge Jack on his performances because of the level of opposition in the championship. He did also say that as an ex Villa man, he does hope we go up. But that was more something he tagged on at the end.

18 hours ago, Skruff said:

I don't really see the issue with what he's saying in itself. Obviously it requires a lot more to perform at Premier league level then championship. I have no doubt Jack will do that once he gets the chance. But its yet to be proven. 

However it comes across hypocritical when he calls up other championship players or fringe players from a top 4(6)club. 

Isn't Bacuna from Curacao?

On 23/03/2019 at 22:57, Keyblade said:

Load of shit tbh. If he's good enough he's good enough.

Hudson-Odoi's whopping 6 appearances all season hasn't shown you anything. 

That's the problem Gareth is saying he doesn't fully know....I assume he is saying....He see's the flashy bits, but is unsure of his overall game.

I say......Then try him Gareth and you will know, I can 't see how he is that much of a risk that the England Manager can't give him a run out.....There are plenty of football pundits saying he should be in the Prem, so how much of a risk is Jack?

On a selfish note....I hope he don't play, because that's when we lose players.....I am only kidding you can't hold back progress.

Personally, I think Jacks ball keeping skills would be a real asset to England.

Edited by TRO

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Are there any Croat gks playing at a higher level? 

Kalinic probably wouldn't be playing, no matter how will he did for us, if there were a dozen Croat GKs playing in the Premier League. The situations aren't equivalent. 

They've had Stipe Pletikosa almost since the beginning of their brief history, or since the late 90's anyway. He had well over 100 caps for them.

When he retired Subasic took over but he's 34 and been injured a lot this season.

So it's either Kalinic or some younger keeper with almost zero caps.

Â