The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Seemed odd after all Southgate he said about Jack, that he was there today. Yes I know we had old players there, but still seems something in it.

Anyway on insta Jack has put up he got MOTM, was this merely a “sponsor vote” or did he do well and impress Southgate? 

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Seemed odd after all Southgate he said about Jack, that he was there today. Yes I know we had old players there, but still seems something in it.

Anyway on insta Jack has put up he got MOTM, was this merely a “sponsor vote” or did he do well and impress Southgate? 

Jack played alright.

I would give motm to either Mings or McGinn though.

• Like 2

Great ball by McGinn for the first goal but it was Grealish that made it happen.

He had several easy balls backwards, but doesn't take that option if there's a chance to score. Turned in an awkward spot and kept us on the front foot.

None of that happened when he was out the side.

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He controlled the game for me without doing anything spectacular. Such a quality player. 

His performance was Modricesque

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Thanks 1

He was sublime today. Not sure what people are expecting, goals and assists every week?

He ran the show and nobody from Blackburn could get near him. Put it this way, no way we would put on that performance, especially in the first half if he wasn't playing.

And if we're talking about eye-catching, that one flick to El Ghazi in the first half made everyone in VP give an audible gasp. Could hear that through the TV of the guy who was streaming himself watching the match.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Thanks 1

He's just on a different level individually and takes us up several notches as a team when he's on the pitch. He was only "quiet" in terms of not being directly involved in a goal but otherwise ran the game and was probably more involved than any player on the pitch. That first half was as good as we've played in a long time (outside of grabbing another goal...or two or three) and it was largely due to Jack dictating the game as he now tends to.

• Like 1

You know me mum before she passed away, bless her though. She brought two cats some years ago and you can't seperate them as they are like twins Well anyway it reminds me so much of Grealish and Mcginn they belong together and should never be separated, they are a pairing of exceptional quality.. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Whelan over Mcginn for me!

Whelan made some interceptions and played it simple, but didn't do enough to earn the motm.

McGinn and Mings both played superb but i would probably give it to Mings.

6 hours ago, TRO said:

was he carrying a knock today?....looked a bit subdued in the last half hour.....He looked leggy.

Seems like Smith agreed by taking him off. 

Thought it was strange that he was taken off with the game in the balance but i suppose the other two were just too good to take off.

TBH I thought he was trying a bit too hard yesterday trying a few too many show reel flicks.

This is relative to his own standards though, and still was a level above most.

Maybe this was just me though!

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Whelan made some interceptions and played it simple, but didn't do enough to earn the motm.

McGinn and Mings both played superb but i would probably give it to Mings.

Rubbish, Whelan was simply excellent yesterday! He controlled the centre of the park!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Rubbish, Whelan was simply excellent yesterday! He controlled the centre of the park!

If you're not eye catching or flashy you're just 'alright'. Jack was in a class of his own, but Whelan was in his own class right under that. 

Carrying a knock from the Boro game. Hopefully they can get him back to full fitness for Saturday. Good management by Smith getting him off the pitch early.

I guess this is why he was wearing a bandage in the photos with JPA.

Â