The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

In my opinion the most probable scenario if we don't get promoted is that Grealish will be bought by Spurs this summer. I love Jack to bits, but a deal which greatly assists our FFP position and allows the player to join a top six premier club is the likely outcome.

So .... Come on Villa, let's kick ass and get promoted this season!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

That's the problem Gareth is saying he doesn't fully know....I assume he is saying....He see's the flashy bits, but is unsure of his overall game.

I say......Then try him Gareth and you will know, I can 't see how he is that much of a risk that the England Manager can't give him a run out.....There are plenty of football pundits saying he should be in the Prem, so how much of a risk is Jack?

On a selfish note....I hope he don't play, because that's when we lose players.....I am only kidding you can't hold back progress.

Personally, I think Jacks ball keeping skills would be a real asset to England.

I totally agree, isn’t this what friendly matches are for? Plus the under 21’s? Why can’t he play for them? I remember when Lee Hendrie and Barry were playing for them when they were about 27!

Just curious and this is all what if's and based on Southgate Almighty Mouth which many are not impressed with and for good reason. 

The season before wolves went up, imagine Grealish played for wolves, imagine he put these performances in and then Mouthy Southgate comes along and says all this. Then the following season wolves have been promoted and they sit where they are now in 7th place in the premier with Jack still at there side, are you still imagining it??

Yeah I know it's tough to swallow but bare with me a little please. 

The Fact Jack had been with a club, Southgate made that statement, wolves the following season get promoted, wolves then go onto to sit high in the premier in 7th. How does all that make Southgate look, SG would have no choice to swallow his words and bring in Grealish and by that admit that he has looked down on the whole championship and beyond. SG would of also put half of the premier on a pedestal compared to the rest and split that league apart by his words alone.

There was a time as Villa defender I thought he was amazing, and I still do, I highly doubt though that the SG then would of spoke like that especially for a club he put his heart towards for years. That SG now to the SG then are complete different people, I'm afraid I do not like the SG now, that England job doesn't half change people.

The day I would do what he's done if I was in his place, well let's just say I would stop managing, you can not ever overlook talent in football, all because they are in a seperate league. Much talent in this championship and I'm more than sad and fuming that they will never see a chance because of thinking like this and from the England manager himself.

If SG hadn't of said what he said, there may of been a chance we could of kept him without promotion. Because the voice in the international team opened his loud mouth, it looks as though the only Grealish ill be seeing next season is if i imagine im him when i put my shirt on, that is no where as near as the real thing lol.

SG if I had two words to say to you for this it would be F O..

1 hour ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I totally agree, isn’t this what friendly matches are for? Plus the under 21’s? Why can’t he play for them? I remember when Lee Hendrie and Barry were playing for them when they were about 27!

Unfortunately we don't have any friendly matches anytime soon. This time around they are both European qualifiers, then in June it is the Nations League Semi Final.

U21 football is aged 21 in a calendar year - so if you turn 22 this month you can play for the U21's for the remainder of 2019. Unfortunately Jack is 23.

in isolation what he said wasnt that bad, he cant judge jack properly because of the level of opposition he is playing against, fair enough

the problem then comes with CHO, and with mount and then the fact that he calls up the likes of welbeck to fill squads and god knows how many players who dont actually play every week for their team and then also the fact that he might not name him to the squad but there is absolutely nothing stopping him from inviting him to train with the squad so that he can take a better look at him or that we are playing shite teams who are no better in quality than the championship so the bigger issue england have always had is you cant judge their ability in an england shirt during the qualifiers

basically he took a sound argument but then disproved it himself with all his other actions

and then the other problem which isnt talked about much, its the U21s Euros in the summer, should he be pulling rice, odoi maybe even sancho and maddison out of the U21s squad and naming them in the league nations final? or should he be looking at jack now and letting them take part in that tournament instead?

Edited by villa4europe

And in other Grealish related news:

Yob who punched Aston Villa star Jack Grealish 'treated HARSHLY', says prof

THE BIRMINGHAM City yob who attacked Jack Grealish was treated "harshly" in being locked up for 14 weeks, it has been claimed.

Paul Mitchell ran onto the pitch during the derby with Aston Villa last Sunday and punched Grealish from behind before being grabbed by other players and stewards.

Ellis Cashmore, visiting professor in Sociology at Aston University, said that Mitchell had been “treated harshly” after being given a 14 week prison sentence.

aston villa birmingham city jack grealish paul mitchell fan attack professor

Mitchell has also been banned from attending Birmingham games for life.

“That seems to be a pretty harsh sentence to me,” said Prof Cashmore, who is from the Midlands.

“You go to watch a game on a Sunday afternoon and you end up in jail.”

He believes that in highly charged matches like the Birmingham derby, passions are going to boil over.

“There has been a hysterical reaction, people are being sensitive, people’s passions come out in football,” said the prof.

“Fans are not spectators, they are more than that and they feel that they can influence games. It’s almost illogical to stay where they are in their seats, they are going to be incensed and do irrational things.

“It’s just a shame that some of his (Mitchell’s) pals didn’t just grab him, hold him for 20 seconds.

If that had happened then he’d have realised what he was doing and not gone on. Instead they were probably pushing him to go on.”

While many from the football world have said action is needed to prevent further attacks, and imagined a scenario where a pitch invader had a weapon, Prof Cashmore said nothing needs to be done.

“It’s unusual for a fan to run on to the pitch but it has happened before and nothing can be done about it,” he said.

“I think there is adequate security. I remember the problems with barriers, fans would tear them down and the Millwall fans chanted “we are animals”.

“If you treat fans like animals then they will respond in kind.

“I would do nothing, I wouldn’t say there is more of a problem now and the best way is to ignore it.

“In the 1970s and 1980s when there was violence I often thought the police presence was more provocative than anything else, cops everywhere, you can over police fans and they react.”

Prof Cashmore also laughed off the idea that cocaine use could be behind crowd trouble now.

“This talk about cocaine is nonsense, what I’ve heard coming from police forces this week, where’s the evidence of that?” he said.

“Alcohol, of course, as has always been the case going back to when they used to take crates of beer into grounds. They’d all get drunk as the game went on and we all know when it’s boozy it’s likely to kick off.

“Football is unique along with say boxing and some other sports where they stir people up. It’s the background, the emotion, fans feel it belongs to them, it’s their game and something they are born into.

“There have been pitch invasions ever since the game started in the late 19th century, it was common place to attack the referee if you were unhappy.

“Up to the 1960s it was normal to run onto the pitch in every game, they could have had weapons, they didn’t always run on celebrating it was headless, and the players got off the pitch as quickly as they could, it was all part of the excitement of football.

“It’s very unusual these days, football changed after Hillsborough when there was a very real sense that the game was in terminal decline.

“If you think back to the 1970s and 1980s it is horrifying to think of what may have gone on, for example, when they fixed venues for fights.

“These (player attacks) aren’t a big danger and I don’t expect to see many incidents like this.”

He said he’d even been asked whether the stirring of emotions with Brexit could have played a part in the attack.

“As sociologists we try and associate everything but really there isn’t any link to make with Brexit, I imagine he’d just had a few drinks,” said Prof Cashmore.

“It’s best to let it go, not over react as you can aggravate the situation even more.

“Birmingham against Villa is always an extraordinary game. Birmingham aren’t a top club while Villa think they should be up there and haven’t come to terms with the fact they aren’t.

“It’s a big city with lots of ambition and the derby is a very nasty one. I don’t think I can remember a peaceful one.”

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/766915/aston-villa-birmingham-city-jack-grealish-paul-mitchell-fan-attack-professor?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-latest-news+(Daily+Star+%3A%3A+News+Feed)

What a colossal nincompoop 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

That bloke is evidence that people should be screened before being allowed to breed.

• Like 1

Why do people think Southgate has some kind of sentiment towards us beign a former player? He left us for Boro ! , I wasn’t keen on the way Barry handled his move but atleast he left for bigger and better things, the other word removed left for more money and relegation battles

I’m sure it’s been mentioned but how can Southgate say jack needs to be playing in the premier league and then start a guy who has never been named in a premier league starting 11 in his career. 

I think Hudson-odie will be a good player but that’s a big hypocritical isn’t it? 

Sorry that I have come into this thread late - and I might be reading it wrong, but should we be wanting Jack in any England squad  at this moment ? Given the horror show we witnessed without him. Sorry Jack - I hope you will allow us this little act of  self preservation and your time will surely come 👍🏻

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Why do people think Southgate has some kind of sentiment towards us beign a former player? He left us for Boro ! , I wasn’t keen on the way Barry handled his move but atleast he left for bigger and better things, the other word removed left for more money and relegation battles

Ehiogu did the same to be fair.

3 hours ago, 7392craig said:

That bloke is evidence that people should be screened before being allowed to breed.

Evidence for which is sadly becoming as easy to find as a bleached polar bear wearing a white coat in a coal cellar at midnight.

• Thanks 1

Would you have picked Jack. Doubt if I would. Don't get me wrong, Jack is brilliant. But Gareths job is to get us qualified and hopefully win. Jack has been out for 3 months then played 4 games. He is the second most successful manager in Englands history, his job depends on success. At all levels U17, and upwards we are doing great, winning things. Southgate has been part of that. He didn't slag off Jack or Villa. I reckon, in fact I'm sure Jack will play for England this year, probably when we are certain of qualification. 

I'd probably do the same myself.

What Jack does bring is the passing and ball retention. He might be the best Englishman to do that. I can't think of any others,  If we do qualify I'm certain he will be on the plane.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

People really need to stop worry about ifs and buts.  He is a Villa player and fan. Whatever happens happens. Great players have left before and will again. Enjoy it. 

Well there is no need to put a downer on the parade lol.

6 hours ago, sne said:

Why does he look like an old stiff upper lip David Beckham with silver hair.

Edited by Dave-R

9 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Just curious and this is all what if's and based on Southgate Almighty Mouth which many are not impressed with and for good reason. 

The season before wolves went up, imagine Grealish played for wolves, imagine he put these performances in and then Mouthy Southgate comes along and says all this. Then the following season wolves have been promoted and they sit where they are now in 7th place in the premier with Jack still at there side, are you still imagining it??

Yeah I know it's tough to swallow but bare with me a little please. 

The Fact Jack had been with a club, Southgate made that statement, wolves the following season get promoted, wolves then go onto to sit high in the premier in 7th. How does all that make Southgate look, SG would have no choice to swallow his words and bring in Grealish and by that admit that he has looked down on the whole championship and beyond. SG would of also put half of the premier on a pedestal compared to the rest and split that league apart by his words alone.

There was a time as Villa defender I thought he was amazing, and I still do, I highly doubt though that the SG then would of spoke like that especially for a club he put his heart towards for years. That SG now to the SG then are complete different people, I'm afraid I do not like the SG now, that England job doesn't half change people.

The day I would do what he's done if I was in his place, well let's just say I would stop managing, you can not ever overlook talent in football, all because they are in a seperate league. Much talent in this championship and I'm more than sad and fuming that they will never see a chance because of thinking like this and from the England manager himself.

If SG hadn't of said what he said, there may of been a chance we could of kept him without promotion. Because the voice in the international team opened his loud mouth, it looks as though the only Grealish ill be seeing next season is if i imagine im him when i put my shirt on, that is no where as near as the real thing lol.

SG if I had two words to say to you for this it would be F O..

Sareth Gouthgate?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â