The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I actually think these statistics are 100% down to Grealish and not a lot to do with Hourihane.

Hourihane plays the defensive midfield role and for the most part passes the ball to Grealish who is actively looking for the ball in the midfield, if he's not he's dragging players around to create space for Hourihane to pass to others.

When Grealish isn't playing the midfield are completely static and the job of the DM is far harder.

So true, Watched second half against wigan and the midfield was shocking. Ball was literally like a hot potato.

No-one looking to actually do something with it, just get it, panic and pass it on. Mcginn was our best player but even his creativity is limited in comparison to Grealish. I'd quite like to see Sawyers or someone to come in as an extra option for creativity and backup for when hes out. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I actually think these statistics are 100% down to Grealish and not a lot to do with Hourihane.

Hourihane plays the defensive midfield role and for the most part passes the ball to Grealish who is actively looking for the ball in the midfield, if he's not he's dragging players around to create space for Hourihane to pass to others.

When Grealish isn't playing the midfield are completely static and the job of the DM is far harder.

This is a really good call, but I don't agree that it is 100% down to Grealish.

Any player (not just Connor) on the ball needs an option or multiple options to pass too. I thought just before Christmas we were starting to show a real authority in matches because of our movement and wilingess to get on the ball.

This was not just Jack though....so what has gone wrong?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

This is a really good call, but I don't agree that it is 100% down to Grealish.

Any player (not just Connor) on the ball needs an option or multiple options to pass too. I thought just before Christmas we were starting to show a real authority in matches because of our movement and wilingess to get on the ball.

This was not just Jack though....so what has gone wrong?

Fatigue, and lack of squad depth. 

Our midfield depth is just Conor, McGinn, Whelan, and Thor. We always play with 3 Center mids, so a congested december and January meant they were playing a lot of minutes. 

Our defense is even thinner. Chester has played ever single minute in the league, and Axel is hurt. Now we have Elphick and Hause, but before then, it was Bree back there.

Out of position players, lack of depth, and a congested schedule have ruined our form. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Just classic villa wasn't it, losing Grealish and Tuanzebe right at the start of the Christmas schedule. 

Completely screwed us over, thanks fate. 

Football gods have been punishing us ever since we appointed Mcleish!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

He's back and been knocking on the manager's door asking to play so said Dean in his press conference.

They're taking it slow and building him back up with the medical team at the moment.

He'll be up for it when he is back!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TRO said:

Just think its strange how an injury such has he has had....they can pin point his return with such accuracy.

Stress fracture means it's just time to heal so I guess they know how long it takes.  I think we were quite lucky in the fact one more kick and he could have been out for the season.   

It's a pisser but maybe we can get momentum at the right time going into the play offs!! 

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He's back and been knocking on the manager's door asking to play so said Dean in his press conference.

They're taking it slow and building him back up with the medical team at the moment.

This is so good to hear. The Villa prodigy licking his lips at putting on another show for us. Brilliant!

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

One of our own!

• Like 1

Â