Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Really enjoying The Alienist.

Shame it's not a Netflix series because then I would binge it.

Cant wait to catch episode 3 tonight.

As an aside I do think its nice to wait a week sometimes rather than having the whole thing from day 1.

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

Cant wait to catch episode 3 tonight.

As an aside I do think its nice to wait a week sometimes rather than having the whole thing from day 1.

Just watched it :)

I have Monday's-Tuesday's off so this time of year I usually spend one of those days catching up or binging series.

5 hours ago, Chindie said:

I genuinely think if I re-watched the first episode and counted the number of topless women in it, I'd probably get to at least 15. Count general nudity and you'd break 20.

I've no problem with nudity in shows, I love Game of Thrones and that's a show that spawned the term sexposition (i.e. make sure moments of plot exposition take place during moments of gratuitous sex and nudity to keep the audience's attention). It's just Altered Carbon has it everywhere, without point, and it seems to just be there for the sake of it.

I think I was expecting more out and out sex scenes, rather than just flashes of nip here and there. 

It seemed to be mainly when's he walking through the 'city'? I just assumed they were trying to show us the usual debauched vision of the future?

I must be desensitised to it. 

39 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Did anybody bother with the new X-Files? 

Waiting until it ends to watch. That last season had a couple of good episodes and some complete turd so another 50/50 series and I'll be happy enough.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villakram said:

Waiting until it ends to watch. That last season had a couple of good episodes and some complete turd so another 50/50 series and I'll be happy enough.

Yeah this season is supposed to be a couple of 'conspiracy' episodes and some stand alone efforts. 

That always put me off a bit tbh. I loved it back the day, but I always had an issue with how one episode would be all about the smoking man and the big conspiracy, loads of mad stuff would happen, then the week after it would just be a random episode about a lizard man or something - like the previous week had never happened! Off putting. 

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

Yeah this season is supposed to be a couple of 'conspiracy' episodes and some stand alone efforts. 

That always put me off a bit tbh. I loved it back the day, but I always had an issue with how one episode would be all about the smoking man and the big conspiracy, loads of mad stuff would happen, then the week after it would just be a random episode about a lizard man or something - like the previous week had never happened! Off putting. 

ya, I definitely felt that way originally, but I kinda enjoyed the random bonkers nature of some of last season.

I'm still not sure they've figured out what the conspiracy is supposed to be yet. I'm hoping for an Alex Jones inspired moonbase in this season.

• Like 1

Waco is rather excellent.

Kinda effed up when you find yourself rooting for the religious nutcase who sleeps with 14 y.o children.

It's a really gripping story and a shocking event.

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Anybody watched Requiem? 

(Awaits zero response, as it's on BBC, rather than Amazon/Netflix/Sky/HBO...) 

Yep. I said earlier in the thread it looked good from the trailer.

Decent first episode. Liked the atmosphere.

35 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yep. I said earlier in the thread it looked good from the trailer.

Decent first episode. Liked the atmosphere.

We're 3/4 through now. It's OK, but what tickles me is playing 'spot the reference'. It's got every horror/thriller trope in the book. Conan Doyle, M. R. James, Daphne du Maurier, Alan Garner, Denis Wheatley, etc. Not to mention some blatant nods to various Hitchcocks, The Omen, Psycho, The Shining, The Wicker Man, and probably lots that I've missed. I'm slightly concerned that it will fail to be more than the sum of its parts. 

• Like 1

GoT season 4 is best so far just up to the part where littlefinger pushes "a charchter" through the floating hole. A lot of people have told me wait until season 7. Can it really get that good? 

I dont know who I dislike more the queen, ramsey snow or littlefinger. The acting is so good on here for the villians as you actually despise a load of them  

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Anybody watched Requiem? 

(Awaits zero response, as it's on BBC, rather than Amazon/Netflix/Sky/HBO...) 

Yeah first episode, thought it was pretty good, actually tense in parts and interesting, writing was ok but it was very much BBC the production values and at times the acting weren't on par with most bang average Netflix shows, I'll see it through 

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont know who I dislike more the queen, ramsey snow or littlefinger. The acting is so good on here for the villians as you actually despise a load of them  

Yep, the lad who played Joffrey quit acting which is a real shame because he was absolutely superb, completely hated 

• Like 1

Â