Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

8 of the 10 Vietnam episodes have now been and gone.

Still good, good mix of individual stories and sweeping military and political stuff.

6 and 7 covered the My Lai massacre, 4 shot dead by police at a student campus protest, Nixon's in power now, telling people he's pulling out of the war whilst carpet bombing Cambodia. 

It's currently the only thing I'm watching on TV. Two hours a week and that's it. Not even bothering with the news or Newsnight at the moment and it's bliss.

I did watch the One Show about a week or so ago because Sparks were on there.

On 10/17/2017 at 08:51, Chindie said:

One very specific to me problem with Mindhunter - it's setting up 'other crimes' going on whilst the main characters are researching the criminal mind, and it very much takes the mystery out of it when you know exactly what they're setting up :)

Still really good though.

I had just finished a podcast about Jerry Brudos (LPOTL) the day before watching the episode of Mindhunter with him in it so was very fresh in my mind. And creepily coincidental

8 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I had just finished a podcast about Jerry Brudos (LPOTL) the day before watching the episode of Mindhunter with him in it so was very fresh in my mind. And creepily coincidental

I actually didn't know that was coming, I'm only 3 episodes in :(

The thing I'm talking about is

Spoiler

The scenes with the guy in Kansas, it's Dennis Rader, aka BTK

Edited by Chindie

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I actually didn't know that was coming, I'm only 3 episodes in :(

The thing I'm talking about is

Hide contents

The scenes with the guy in Kansas, it's Dennis Rader, aka BTK

Oh sorry dude though its not really a spoiler as such. Have to say though that the casting has been awesome throughout in terms of physical characteristics. I find that i have racked up a disturbing amount of serial killer google image searches in the last few days. Feel like im gonna end up on a list 

On Mindhunter episode 8

Spoiler

The new recruit was freaked out listening to one of the recordings. Ford and Tench were discussing it but I missed the killer's name. Who was it?

2 minutes ago, choffer said:

You owe me 3 hours, Mr Mooney ;)

Yeah, it looked promising, but ultimately I think the 'backwards' gimmick just disguised a very so-so cop drama. Hey ho. 

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, it looked promising, but ultimately I think the 'backwards' gimmick just disguised a very so-so cop drama. Hey ho. 

To be fair, I think I'd already come to that conclusion by the end of episode 3. Required more concentration that it appeared to justify for me.

29 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Just started watching American Crime Story: OJ Simpson.

Travolta is so off putting.

Brilliant show. And I actually think Travolta is really good in it.

In fact everyone is good in it bar Gooding, which is unfortunate.

Watched the TV adaptation of the first Strike book - Cuckoo's Calling - this week. By the numbers stuff on the whole, but well made and a few nice performances. Hadn't read the book/s, but it was a nice way to spend a few hours, and something me and the girly equally enjoyed. Which is odd, outside of programmes that involve food or zombies...

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Gooding. Travolta is almost robotic which I think is on purpose. Maybe I will warm to him as the series goes on. 

Yeah I was gonna say I didn't think Travolta was whiny.

I don't know about Gooding. he really annoyed me in it. He just shouted all the time. Maybe that's what OJ was like.

Travolta is robotic because Shapiro was robotic. Checkout the likenesses of the characters to their real life counterparts. It's astonishing how close most of them are. Gooding like I said seems to be the exception.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I was gonna say I didn't think Travolta was whiny.

I don't know about Gooding. he really annoyed me in it. He just shouted all the time. Maybe that's what OJ was like.

Travolta is robotic because Shapiro was robotic. Checkout the likenesses of the characters to their real life counterparts. It's astonishing how close most of them are. Gooding like I said seems to be the exception.

Yeah hence my point about being on purpose. It's more his face that is off putting. Looks constantly in shock.

Â