Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Clearly not. 

So much for my annual pointless foray into this thread. 

If you post stuff 2 months in the future then don't get arsey when no-one replies.

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

I missed the start of it so I was intending to watch it all the way through on iPlayer when it was done. Has it finished yet?

One episode to go. 1 - 5 still available on iPlayer. 

If you hadn't realised, it 'runs backwards' - starts at the end of the story, and then has successive flashbacks until you get to the 'start'. 

That's why I was wondering what people made of it. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

If you hadn't realised, it 'runs backwards' - starts at the end of the story, and then has successive flashbacks until you get to the 'start'. 

Might give that a go tonight. I need a break from Twin Peaks.

49 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Cheers. :thumb:

I'll probably run though it this week then.

7 hours ago, darrenm said:

If you post stuff 2 months in the future then don't get arsey when no-one replies.

@mjmooney I've just realised this joke probably doesn't work for others as it's probably chrome on my work pc that has the incorrect locale. It showed as 10/12/2017 on my PC earlier.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

So I've just finished ep1 of Ozarks. Its good, I'm enjoying it but please tell me the terrible blue camera filter goes away?

Didn't notice it. But then I never notice such things. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Didn't notice it. But then I never notice such things. 

I didn't either. 

Which suggests either it does go away, or it isn't that big of an issue (for me anyway!) :) 

One very specific to me problem with Mindhunter - it's setting up 'other crimes' going on whilst the main characters are researching the criminal mind, and it very much takes the mystery out of it when you know exactly what they're setting up :)

Still really good though.

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

One very specific to me problem with Mindhunter - it's setting up 'other crimes' going on whilst the main characters are researching the criminal mind, and it very much takes the mystery out of it when you know exactly what they're setting up :)

You mean because of the knowledge you already have of them?

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

You mean because of the knowledge you already have of them?

Yes. I've always had a bit of a fascination with serial killers and the macabre/paranormal, so I already know a lot of the stories this is going to tell - for instance Kemper's comment on 'leaking', I know that is more or less word for word exactly what he said during an interview. So when it starts to lay breadcrumbs for particular things, I know what those things are.

Someone going in cold won't have a clue though, beyond its obviously setting up something (and you could have a good guess what, just not precisely what) so it's very much a me knowing too much problem.

Tried to be vague :)

• Like 1

8 of the 10 Vietnam episodes have now been and gone.

Still good, good mix of individual stories and sweeping military and political stuff.

6 and 7 covered the My Lai massacre, 4 shot dead by police at a student campus protest, Nixon's in power now, telling people he's pulling out of the war whilst carpet bombing Cambodia. 

It's currently the only thing I'm watching on TV. Two hours a week and that's it. Not even bothering with the news or Newsnight at the moment and it's bliss.

I did watch the One Show about a week or so ago because Sparks were on there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

That Kansas bloke looks a wrong'un.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I'm not sure being a nerd about some grim stuff is much to brag about, really. Nothing anybody with the time and inclination couldn't Google.

Possibly not clear, but my comment there was one of a long series of such posts, which probably amuse me more than anyone else, rather than a serious criticism of what you wrote :cheers:

• Like 1

Â