Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 30/08/2017 at 11:23, Rodders said:

finished Ozarks. - Excellent - really developed as the season went on. So glad they renewed it. There has to be a limit to how long the story arc can last with the main cast, like 2 or 3 seasons tops before it's too absurd but very satisfying first season.

Assuming the second series is a success, '$500m in 5 years' might dictate the show's length.

Edited by brommy
Magnitude error by a factor of 1 million!

30 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Ambulance on BBC tonight. 

It's fascinating and set in Brum.

The old chap who had taken a tumble with his AVFC hat on last week, n'awwwwwwww 

• Like 1

Finished Ozark last night.

Decent series, I really liked it. It's a real slow burner. I can't really point to any episodes where loads happened, and I don't mean that as a negative.

Bateman is excellent in it. Said it before, but he's very underrated in serious roles.

Deutschland 83, was looking forward to some Stasi behind enemy lines Cold War spy drama. U wot mate? It's utterly preposterous. I'm not surprised Communism collapsed if that's the sort of plot they hatched.

14 hours ago, Chindie said:

Marvel's Inhumans is, shockingly, absolute shite, apparently.

Further reviews confirm this to be a stinking pile of shite, and a complete waste of everyone's times and (apparently minimal) efforts.

Only one episode left now of ...

the_leftovers_title_sequence_screengrab_

I recommend it.  Season 3 has 98% on Rotten Tomatoes and overall the show has 90%.  It's an interesting premise.

Looking for a new show now.  I've watched ep. 1 of Ozark but I'm not a fan of Jason Bateman playing the character Jason Bateman in everything, so I might well drop it.

I'm down to Rick & Morty now and I've all but caught up on season 3 (trying not to binge them too much :))

I forgot about Preacher.  I'll catch up on that :thumb:

57 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Second series of Preacher has been fantastic.

Not finished S2 yet, but any show with a scene where 'Come on Eileen' plays and they actually make it sound good,  deserves all of the awards. So funny. 

Edited by wazzap24

4 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Not finished S2 yet, but any show with a scene where 'Come on Eileen' plays and they actually make it sound good, it deserves all of the awards. So funny. 

Any show that has the bollocks to do a lot of what this series has deserves praise.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I've had Fortitude recommended to me.  Any good ?

Starts off well with a good bit of mystery to it, got to about half way and thought I hope to God this isn't all being caused by spoiler, by the last episode i thought **** me I wish it was being caused by it because it would have been better...

Spoiler

Aliens

Still not got round to series 2

3rd episode in to Leftovers season 1. All about Eccleston's priest. Enjoyed the episode but more ammo for my view that the GR silent cultish lot are the most loathsome set of people I have ever witnessed in screen fiction. I don't know what it is about them, but the revoltingly smug air about them makes me hope that they all end up dying in a colossal accident as soon as possible, I hate, hate, hate this group of people. Don't think I can recall feeling such a visceral sense of rage towards any set of people before. 

Edited by Rodders

11 hours ago, coda said:

Deutschland 83, was looking forward to some Stasi behind enemy lines Cold War spy drama. U wot mate? It's utterly preposterous. I'm not surprised Communism collapsed if that's the sort of plot they hatched.

Each to their own, but I thought Deutschland 83 was brilliant.

• Like 2

On 01/09/2017 at 13:55, BOF said:

Only one episode left now of ...

the_leftovers_title_sequence_screengrab_

I recommend it.  Season 3 has 98% on Rotten Tomatoes and overall the show has 90%.  It's an interesting premise.

Looking for a new show now.  I've watched ep. 1 of Ozark but I'm not a fan of Jason Bateman playing the character Jason Bateman in everything, so I might well drop it.

I'm down to Rick & Morty now and I've all but caught up on season 3 (trying not to binge them too much :))

I forgot about Preacher.  I'll catch up on that :thumb:

The leftovers was up there  with one of the best shows I ve ever seen up untill the last two episodes. I thought they dropped the  ball completely on them and sort of left a bad slant on the entire series for me as a result.

Â