Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 25/08/2017 at 11:50, choffer said:

Narcos Season 3 confirmed for 1st September on Netflix  :clap:

Trying to get through season 2 in time, watched three episodes so far, had forgotten how good it is.

On another note, really enjoyed the first part of Strike on BBC1 tonight, good adaptation so far.

Just started The Mist. The mom is the ugliest woman I've ever seen, she looks like a high elf from Elder Scrolls and the daughter looks like Timmy from South Park.  So they have turned it into a teen melodrama? Hmmmm.

Edited by Ingram85

12 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Just started The Mist. The mom is the ugliest woman I've ever seen, she looks like a high elf from Elder Scrolls and the daughter looks like Timmy from South Park.  So they have turned it into a teen melodrama? Hmmmm.

Sadly it's pretty awful.

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Sadly it's pretty awful.

Yep, watched 4 episodes last night. Its awful stuff so far. Horrible people being horrible to each other being picked off one by one. I'm rooting for the mist at this point to get the job done asap so I don't have to watch anymore. Its literally a teen drama for 45 minutes then all of a sudden they remember "oh yeah, the mist"?! and then something mist-y happens at the end. Tripe.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Yep, watched 4 episodes last night. Its awful stuff so far. Horrible people being horrible to each other being picked off one by one. I'm rooting for the mist at this point to get the job done asap so I don't have to watch anymore. Its literally a teen drama for 45 minutes then all of a sudden they remember "oh yeah, the mist"?! and then something mist-y happens at the end. Tripe.

There is a tiny bit of redemption in the last couple of episodes that makes things a little more interesting. But I really do mean a little.

It's a common King trope to use a threat as a vehicle to show that people are what we should really be fearful of - The Mist was bad, but it turned the behavior of people worse - being stuck in side The Dome was bad, but it did the same (Under the Dome) - a sudden epidemic of 'zombies' was a bit crap, but guess what... (Cell)

Funnily enough the adaptations of all three of those (discounting the Mist movie) are about as bad as each other.

Later this year (although not formally confirmed, so maybe next year) Hulu (who did 11/22/63) are producing a series called 'Castle Rock' which will adapt a number of King works - but they haven't been confirmed yet. There's been a teaser trailer which includes references to a number of King works, including a whole bunch of short story compliations. If they faithfully adapt some shorts such as Dolan's Cadillac, The Library Policeman, or Quitters Inc. it will be weel worth watching. Only some of his older collections were mentioned though, which is a shame - unless they're holding back for future series' - as they contain some of my favourite work by him. If The Jaunt or N. were ever adapted (the former would be very difficult, though) I would be a very, very happy man.

Edited by hogso

finished Ozarks. - Excellent - really developed as the season went on. So glad they renewed it. There has to be a limit to how long the story arc can last with the main cast, like 2 or 3 seasons tops before it's too absurd but very satisfying first season.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rodders said:

finished Ozarks. - Excellent - really developed as the season went on. So glad they renewed it. There has to be a limit to how long the story arc can last with the main cast, like 2 or 3 seasons tops before it's too absurd but very satisfying first season.

There is something badass about Jason Bateman's character. Can't quite explain, but he has an air of don't give a f**k, dad cool about him. 

The parallels with BB and Walter White are obvs, but it's certainly no cheap imitation. 

• Like 1

Â