Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

22 hours ago, Rodders said:

Well The Night Manager was excellent. 

As auditions for 007 go it was a belter from Hiddleston , very enjoyable show , not sure they should do a second one though 

32 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Oh rubbish, it's Tueday today, I had loads of TV to watch yesterday but didn't 'cos I thought it was Sunday! Damnit! 

Why does it matter what day it is, or was? 

52 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Why does it matter what day it is, or was? 

Ah just because most of "better" American TV programs get released in the US on a Sunday, so I tend to watch them on a Monday. Though, as I am an idiot and completely forgot yesterday was Monday, I was sat at home bored wishing I had something to watch without realising that they had been released.

Lies.

Sunday just has Madam Secretary, Quantico, Elementary and a load of rubbish. Monday is the big day: 11.22.63, Scorpion, Lucifer, Blindspot, Better Call Saul, Damien and a few others.

Just now, BOF said:

The last 2 of the first one and the first 6 of the second.

Aha... What do you make of the series individually? 1 is probably better overall but 2 offers some great scenes (the episode 3 fight... :D) and some nice reveals.

D'Onofrio was brilliant.  Perfectly cast as Kingpin too.  He steals every scene he's in.  Cox is likeable too so he's easy to root for.  I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of it all.  It's beautifully shot and the overall production is to a very high standard.  It's movie-like.  And the pace the story progresses at means there's very little time for filler, which makes it constantly entertaining and very difficult to watch one episode at a time. 

The Punisher doesn't have the same impact as Kingping as a baddie (or 'anti-hero') but I think Bernthal is, again, perfectly cast in the role.  Elektra is gorgeous, but other than that (not being a comic book fan), I don't see her as adding a whole lot (yet).  With 7 episodes to go, that could change of course.

So yeah, series 1 is better, but I've yet to finish series 2 and it's the best TV I've watched in a long while.

EDIT : Re- D'Onofrio.  There were times when I couldn't help but hear the bug from Men In Black when he was talking :)

Â