Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Has anyone seen any episodes of Ray Donovan?

I've had it recommended to me recently and the reviews have always been positive.

It's class.

It's like the sopranos, set in California.

Characters are great, the only thing that lets it down is Ray's wife. They have clearly based her on Carmela, but she is annoying as fook.

John Voight is the best thing in the show, but Liev Schreiber is quality too.

I'd be surprised if you were disappointed, it's one of the best about at the minute imo.

I find Ray Donovan closer to the story of a grand theft auto game than the Sopranos. Still quite enjoyable though.

Those wanting more from netflix -

Got the yank version on my ps4 (not illegal I think just frowned upon and very easy to do) there's a piss taking amount of extra stuff on there, it's got a lot of non HBO stuff that you'll only find on sky Atlantic (mad men, blacklist, the following)

I did to watch turn, will be starting that tomorrow

Three episodes into Gomorra and two episodes into Ray Donovan.

Safe to say my TV series viewing is covered for a few weeks*

*they're both excellent so far

• Like 1

Great episode of "American Experience" on PBS last night about the US-South Vietnamese evacuation of Saigon as the NVA was closing in. Absolutely harrowing stuff, and some incredible heroism and compassion by high ups and regular Marines. Someone said something about war bringing out not only the worst in man, but the best. The latter applied to the evacuation, even though about 420 people were stranded at the US embassy. But they were able to evacuate about 150,000 Vietnamese in just a few days, and most of that number in the last 24 hours, a deadline which was going to be enforced by the NVA. Stunning program, look for it if you can, it's called Last Days of Vietnam.

just finished Bloodline season 1, worth watching. 

Mendelsohn, the actor who plays Danny is an absolute force of nature, and I hope he gets more good roles. The guy deserves awards for that performance.

• Like 1

I didn't really know where to put this, but is it just me that didn't realise that this bloke...

_1402433488.jpg

Was also this bloke...

13006_view.jpg

And is also this bloke?  :o

5519b46111f41.jpg

My mind is blown.

Edited by PieFacE

i knew he was kingpin, didnt have a clue it was him in MiB though

saw some daredevil figures yesterday, 10.7% of netflix subscribers watched at least 1 episode, in comparison 6% something watched an episode of house of cards, 2.6% watched an episode of bloodline, its been hugely successful, 2nd series confirmed and i think bumped up the line, it'll be after jessica jones but likely to be before luke cage, iron fist and the defenders

Finally got going on House of Cards.

Enjoying it a lot. Not sure how much I enjoy the breaking of the fourth wall, but it's something different at least.

I already feel grabbed and I'm only 3 episodes in.

Â