Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

If my Aunt Marie and the 'code of Hank' ever get's made...

It won't.

...then I guarantee that in years to come people will be shocked to discover that it's a spin off of Breaking Bad and not the other way around. 

They'll be more shocked that this crap got made in the first place and concerned that Vince Gilligan has had a stroke.

I've been re-watching BB recently and I have to say it hasn't aged very well, especially season three, a vastly overrated show...

As Stevo said, the show finished less than two years ago. You're entitled to your opinion, but I think you're in the minority, personally.

My message to any budding script writers is not to become fixated with it.

I don't think you have any right to be giving budding screenwriters any tips after your Stealing with Marie premise and Saul/Frasier concept  :crylaugh:

Edited by Ginko

This is a troll, it just has to be.

Of course I was joking about Aunt Marie's Dexter parody spin off, but I'm sure someone could come up with a good concept for her having her own show, if they put their mind to it, not that I think that should happen, as I've said I'd leave the BB universe alone myself.

I wasn't kidding about Breaking Bad being overrated though, I already felt that way about it, but re-watching it again is kind of driving home the point. It's kind of alright but nowhere like one of the best show ever like it's made out to be, I mean it's not something you'd want to watch more than once or twice.

enjoying dare devil, very grim and trying to be as realistic as a show about a blind vigilante probably can be, some great action in it, only thing bugging me so far is the king pin, he's played so understated that at times he comes across as half a retard with a temper, others will know better (chindie) if thats how he is in the comics but my knowledge of him (from spiderman cartoons) isnt how he is portrayed

enjoying dare devil, very grim and trying to be as realistic as a show about a blind vigilante probably can be, some great action in it, only thing bugging me so far is the king pin, he's played so understated that at times he comes across as half a retard with a temper, others will know better (chindie) if thats how he is in the comics but my knowledge of him (from spiderman cartoons) isnt how he is portrayed

I'm now about 6 episodes in, so I don't know how the Kingpin develops in the back half of the series, but what we've seen so far isn't an interpretation of the character that I recognise.

There's elements of the character as he's usually been portrayed as a Daredevil villain (a crimelord on the rise, physically imposing with a violent temper), albeit toned down to more realistic levels, but the slight child-like innocence and the hints towards social awkwardness are new to me. I think it works, at the moment anyway, and it gives the character another angle, otherwise he is just a fat gangster with a mean streak.

Edit - I've seen lots of talk that the series is riddled with references to the wider MCU (Ulrich's office has newspaper front pages that make reference to the Battle of New York, and to the Incredible Hulk destroying Harlem), but perhaps more interestingly there's supposed to be lots of nods to the other Defenders characters, particularly Iron Fist. Can't say I've spotted any yet but is nice to see a reference to a character I still can't believe is going to come to our screens.

Edited by Chindie

Daredevil has been excellent so far, i'm five episodes in and it's been well written, well directed and (mostly) well acted with a great balance between it's dark tone and the usual splashes of Marvel humour.

The characters have a decent amount of depth, and no story arc seems forced. I absolutely love D'Onofrio as Kingpin, they've given a great actor a character with some real meat and bones and as a result he's way more interesting than the usual 2 dimensional shallow psychopath.

One thing that has surprised me is just how violent it is. I’d read they’d turned it up a notch, but some scenes (the car door in particular) were startlingly gruesome. Although having said that none of it seems misplaced and just adds to the overall darker tone.

Oh, and that corridor fight scene in episode 2 - Oh my word, that was just glorious.

Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the series pans out now.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

Â