Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell starts this Sunday on the BBC.

I haven't read the books, but i've been told by someone who has that they're very, very good indeed so i'll be tuning in. Plus, anything with the superb Eddie Marsan in is always worth a look.

pwrzefzckgioacpvb8ej.jpg

From Wiki

Set in England during the Industrial Revolution at the beginning of the 19th century, the series presents an alternate historywhere magic is widely acknowledged, but rarely practiced. Living in the rural north, Mr Norrell (Eddie Marsan) of Hurtfew Abbey is able to make the statues of York Cathedral talk and move. His manservant John Childermass (Enzo Cilenti) persuades him to travel to London to help in the war against France. While there, Mr Norrell encounters a leading member of the government and makes magic respectable in the realm when he conjures a fairy to bring the minister's fiancée (Alice Englert) back to life.

Meanwhile, also in London, Jonathan Strange (Bertie Carvel) meets Vinculus (Paul Kaye), a magician on Threadneedle Street, while attempting to propose to his love Arabella (Charlotte Riley). Strange is told by Vinculus that he is destined to be a great magician and begins to study magic.

***EDIT*** ...And while I was typing that out, and looking for a suitable pic along comes Coda and steals my thunder  :)

Great minds eh.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

finished Parks and rec and need a new show now. Undecided between

Entourage

Treme 

Danger 5

any suggestions?

Entourage was awesome.

Just great great fun, and at 22mins an episode you can squeeze in one when you are busy or watch 4 in row when you are free.

• Like 1

Watched a bit of gogglebox yesterday, pretty much the first time ever.

It was.....ok.

I think it helped that everything they were watching I hadn't already seen, otherwise it would have been another re-cap of the week that I didn't need.

Best person was the oldish bloke with the woman, he reminded me of Peter Gregory from Silicon Valley with his deadpan delivery.

Just seen Episode 10 of Turn. Really top quality show.

Captain Simcoe is an absolute word removed. Reminds me of the Swede from Hell on Wheels.

• Like 1

Harry Shearer leaves The Simpsons, hopefully it will be put out if its misery

I was thinking the same, surely they can't go on without him. But then, the Simpsons must surely be all about making money rather than producing quality episodes nowadays, so they'll probably just get soundalikes in.

From what I've seen he's left because they wouldn't let him do other stuff that he wanted to do on the side

I'm with with pinky, also enjoying turn, think I'm on about episode 8

And with CED, last mad men at the weekend :( not a clue how it will go but in tradition with the show I'm going to guess nowhere :D

Watched a bit of gogglebox yesterday, pretty much the first time ever.

It was.....ok.

I think it helped that everything they were watching I hadn't already seen, otherwise it would have been another re-cap of the week that I didn't need.

Best person was the oldish bloke with the woman, he reminded me of Peter Gregory from Silicon Valley with his deadpan delivery.

I slated Gogglebox earlier in this thread.

I was wrong. Its actually great.

• Like 1

The latest season of Arrow started pretty crap to me but have to say it has improved immensely and looking forward to the finale tonight!

Strange, I've thought it was pretty poor throughout really. The villain and overall plotline this series pales in comparison to series 2 - but then Deathstroke really was a magnificent bastard. Ra's in this has been hopeless, more relationship counsellor than evil mastermind.

Edited by Chindie

Penultimate mad men was brilliant, they lost it in the middle and under use him now but Pete is a great character when they get him right

that was dons story done, wrapped up, ditch the name, become a nobody in the middle of nowhere, never returning to New York, sat on the bench, fade to black... But Betty's story means that not going to happen, he's going to be dragged back in

Hope they can finish Joan, Peggy and roger next week, don I think will be left in limbo

Only have a couple of episodes of Gomorra left to go, and I have to say it's one of the most brilliantly written pieces of TV that i've watched in a while.

Beautifully plotted, incredibly well acted and I genuinely don't want it to end.

If there's anyone who hasn't seen it yet then I urge you to do so immediately as It's pretty much flawless.

• Like 2

Finished Daredevil, it really is by far the best Superhero series. Yeah there was a few weak episodes, and the ending was pretty poor...but on the whole it was superb.

Only have a couple of episodes of Gomorra left to go, and I have to say it's one of the most brilliantly written pieces of TV that i've watched in a while.

Beautifully plotted, incredibly well acted and I genuinely don't want it to end.

If there's anyone who hasn't seen it yet then I urge you to do so immediately as It's pretty much flawless.

Want to hear your reaction to the finale!!! It is superb.... (cannot say anymore than that to avoid spoilerage!)

The latest season of Arrow started pretty crap to me but have to say it has improved immensely and looking forward to the finale tonight!

Strange, I've thought it was pretty poor throughout really. The villain and overall plotline this series pales in comparison to series 2 - but then Deathstroke really was a magnificent bastard. Ra's in this has been hopeless, more relationship counsellor than evil mastermind.

Didn't mind Ra's in this but his whiny daughter (along with Laurel) were particularly annoying!

Obviously there's going to be a fourth season (and expect the Damien Dark character mooted in the final couple of episodes will be 'villain' along with Malcolm Merlin)  - will probably continue with it.

Â