Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Anything to recommend on Netflix/Prime Instant video? I'm struggling to justify my subscriptions at the moment.

The Killing

The Bridge

House of Cards

Archer

Community

Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Sons of Anarchy

Battlestar Galactica

This is England '86

Luther

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Orange is the New Black

Breaking Bad (obvs)

Dexter

Better Call Saul

Fargo (TV show, although th emovie is excellent too)

Friday Night Lights (again, TV show and movie)

Arrested Development

The Office

The League

Black Mirror

American Horror Story

The Shield

Bloodline

Utopia

I haven't seen everything on that list but I've seen a lot. And by all accounts they're all ranging from very good to incredible.

If there's anything on there you haven't seen then go for it.

That's fine if you like US serial dramas. Give or take the odd BB or BCS, I don't. I want more standalone movies - and not ones aimed at teenagers.

Dont know about AP - I've got it, but it doesn't have chromecast support so I binned the subsription. 

in terms of Netflix, it depends on what you have already seen, but.........

Locke

Battle Royal 

Zero dark thirty 

Filth 

dallas buyers club 

The fighter 

Lost in translation 

Flight 

warrior 

Found these in about 2 mins all good films and I missed out some obvious ones. 

plus us there are tons of great documentaries and if you don't like T.V from the USA (which is quite frankly a bit weird!  :) ), then there is Luther, the wrong mans, Sherlock, black mirror and spooks to name a few 

jeez I sound like a Netflix rep! But seriously, best £5.99 a month I spend. Cant be faulted for value vs content. 

AP looks like it might have more newer movies, but NF smashes it out the park for TV shows and original programming. 

Anything to recommend on Netflix/Prime Instant video? I'm struggling to justify my subscriptions at the moment.

The Killing

The Bridge

House of Cards

Archer

Community

Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Sons of Anarchy

Battlestar Galactica

This is England '86

Luther

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Orange is the New Black

Breaking Bad (obvs)

Dexter

Better Call Saul

Fargo (TV show, although th emovie is excellent too)

Friday Night Lights (again, TV show and movie)

Arrested Development

The Office

The League

Black Mirror

American Horror Story

The Shield

Bloodline

Utopia

I haven't seen everything on that list but I've seen a lot. And by all accounts they're all ranging from very good to incredible.

If there's anything on there you haven't seen then go for it.

That's fine if you like US serial dramas. Give or take the odd BB or BCS, I don't. I want more standalone movies - and not ones aimed at teenagers.

Well yes, fair enough. But I assumed he was after TV shows, given the thread we're in ;)

There's plenty of movies on there too, but it massively depends on what you like and how many you've already seen

Yeah, fair point. Thing is, we used to have a SofaCinema subscription (DVDs by post), and 'upgraded' to Netflix. But the selection of movies on SC was VAST by comparison to NF.  

It's frustrating. Discs through the post seems like such a shit system, and streaming is obviously the way forward. I was hoping NF would be the perfect solution, but now I dunno. 

Just finished the first series of "The Trip". The one with Coogan and Brydon.

Pretty amusing, nice to watch an episode here and there.

But basically every episode is the same. 

They drive somewhere, they eat dinner whilst doing impressions of Michael Caine and Anthony Hopkins, get a bit arsey with each other, finish dinner, call their respective spouses, The End.

To be fair, they openly reference that in one of the episodes so it seems like they're aware they are all the same. And the underlying story arc does really work, especially when you get to the last episode. It's an old tale re-told, in a way.

Decent enough.

Edited by Stevo985

I liked The Trip, until it dawned on me that they were just dining out at the licencepayers' expense AND getting paid for it. The Trip in Italy, even more so.

I liked The Trip, until it dawned on me that they were just dining out at the licencepayers' expense AND getting paid for it. The Trip in Italy, even more so.

Couldn't you say that about any BBC Show? It's all done at the licence payer's expense.

It's just in this case they spent the budget on food at nice restaurants, but in Doctor Who they spent the money on shitty Dalek costumes and magic screwdrivers

• Like 2

Now TV is the best streaming subscription service for movies as they have most of the latest releases.

I have Now TV and Netflix and have months, if not years, of stuff I want to watch on there. 

Haven't even considered Amazon Prime Instant Video as the other 2 are more than enough

I reiterate about how much I am enjoying Raised By Wolves, I dont watch much UK comedy so I dont have a benchmark but it is the best (only) uk comedy I have seen this year.

Just watched the first episode of "Turn" on Netflix. Stars Jamie Bell, set in New York during the American Revolution. I was expecting something along the lines of The Patriot, but I was pleasantly surprised with Ep. 1. There is the token beady eyed evil Redcoat though  :D

• Like 1

Just watched the first episode of "Turn" on Netflix. Stars Jamie Bell, set in New York during the American Revolution. I was expecting something along the lines of The Patriot, but I was pleasantly surprised with Ep. 1. There is the token beady eyed evil Redcoat though :D

Yes: I love this show!

Been reluctant to mention it though because of the stereotype of the cold, sadistic, somewhat effeminate British officer.

But that's balanced out by the portrayal of one of the yank generals as an epic rocket polisher.

didnt see it on netflix, wanted to watch it so will find it tonight

been watching the last bit of mad men, still a strange show in terms of what actually generates the interest, really there arent any major story arcs on the go, when pretty much every other show builds up momentum for the last episode mad men seems to be going the other way, don's new story arc with the waitress is a bit tepid, pete / joan / peggy / roger and to a lesser extent betty dont really even have a story arc to close off

cant work out of the end is going to be something amazing or something like him suddenly dying

Diana is definitely strange, shes come in so late, he recognised her, shes from the midwest and run away from her family, she's unlike any other woman we've seen him go for, cant see MM going for a big twist because its not fitting with the show but i can see her being something major towards the end

Can of worms there, Packo. The burgeoning Cunk fan club (of which I am one) will soon be engaged in a mortal battle with those numpties that don't find her funny (or at least not as funny as she used to be).

been watching the last bit of mad men, still a strange show in terms of what actually generates the interest, really there arent any major story arcs on the go, when pretty much every other show builds up momentum for the last episode mad men seems to be going the other way, don's new story arc with the waitress is a bit tepid, pete / joan / peggy / roger and to a lesser extent betty dont really even have a story arc to close off

cant work out of the end is going to be something amazing or something like him suddenly dying

Diana is definitely strange, shes come in so late, he recognised her, shes from the midwest and run away from her family, she's unlike any other woman we've seen him go for, cant see MM going for a big twist because its not fitting with the show but i can see her being something major towards the end

I think Don's going to run away.

Can of worms there, Packo. The burgeoning Cunk fan club (of which I am one) will soon be engaged in a mortal battle with those numpties that don't find her funny (or at least not as funny as she used to be).

Call me a numpty then.

I love screen wipe. And to be honest I like Philomena Cunk.

But those "Moments of Wonder" segments are absolutely shite.

I think Don's going to run away.

yeah i can see that, big reveal as to who the waitress really is and then slip off back to the midwest with her, would also be interested how much of his fortune that $1m he happily gave away is

Â