Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Anyone like Lillyhammer?

I'm trying to watch it but getting a little annoyed between the constant switching of English to Norwegian. It just doesn't flow at all.

I mean, 2 people having a conversation, 1 speaking English and the other Norwegian. Its just weird.

Edited by PieFacE

Lilyhammer was enjoyable, it was ok for me but 1st 2 seasons has its moments. 3rd is all over the place

Watching Welcome to Sweden myself, has some Parks and Rec cast in it at times but its similar enough with the language barrier except less gritty. main character is a right knob head played by Amy Poehler brother

Each season of house of cards gets worse IMO.

Agree entirely. Although I'd say the second series is a slight dip from the first, and the third falls off a cliff from the second, going from good TV to merely decent with the odd brilliant moment, and a number of arse clenchingly awful ones. It's grasp of international politics is hopelessly stupid.

Indeed.

I think the thing that really got me with that was they're in spitting distance of having something intriguing on the same lines. There is certainly the possibility of matters in that region causing diplomatic incidents between those 2 countries, but not necessarily the Jordan Valley, and not for the reasons the show decides on. It's like they decided the audience was mostly morons and dumbed things down to the nth degree. So we take what might be a great idea and make the idiots version.

It's hamstrung by the direction the series took as well. The power dynamic changes significantly, and that undermines all the joy of the first 2 seasons.

Well my enthusiasm for house of cards has gone after reading this thread :D

First season is great, as is the first episode of season 2 (genuine shock moment in that). I'm about half way through season 2 and have kind of come to a grinding halt. Need to get back into it. 

There is a moment in season 2 when Frank starts playing the latest Call of Duty (I think?) and at that point I lost a bit of hope in what it was doing.

It's still enjoyable but it's completely silly. Sometimes I think it knows that it is silly (I mean, the Putin character was played for laughs... right?) but at other times I'm not sure it knows that it is silly and instead thinks of itself as a serious drama.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

after a binge watch im on last few episodes of Parks and Rec. What a show and its so good that it even survives having one of the most annoying main character in television history

Â