Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just watched the first episode of "Turn" on Netflix. Stars Jamie Bell, set in New York during the American Revolution. I was expecting something along the lines of The Patriot, but I was pleasantly surprised with Ep. 1. There is the token beady eyed evil Redcoat though :D

Yes: I love this show!

Been reluctant to mention it though because of the stereotype of the cold, sadistic, somewhat effeminate British officer.

But that's balanced out by the portrayal of one of the yank generals as an epic rocket polisher.

Also that the protagonist is from a Loyalist family. Welcome shades of grey in a story that is often told in black and white terms. 

daredevil: Start of by saying i HATE marvel stuff but...

First 6 episodes: Amazing. It totally doesnt feel like a marvel show. Semi-interesting characters, quite a lot of different interesting story routes they could go down. The fights scenes i was really impressed with how it was shot.

Next 6 eps: Just good, getting a bit repetitive now with all the fight scenes and the way it builds up to them. feel like the storylines of the japanese/chinese could be developed more. No idea why the chinese lady quit so easy..bit silly imo. Killed of these characters far to quickly

last episode: Oh wow what the ****. This episode just sums up why i hate marvel. Stupid voices, stupid costumes and what an atrocious fight scene. Its the big boss...the final fight scene and it was over in 1 minute in an incredibly predictable cheesy way. Entirely predictable episode the whole way through. The stupid gun scene getting Fisk out (bad guys just slowly walking in middle of the road yet somehow the good guys manage to miss every single shot on them even though theyre shooting for about 3 minutes and behind "cover"). Going from JUST getting a statement from one police officer to the next scene arrresting everybody who was involved. Really, just needed one cop to say something and it would be all over???? just so lolbad. So rushed that episode was. Feel like ive wasted 13 hours with that ending

That episode ruined the whole season. Started so good but just got worse and worse :(

Edited by gharperr

Watched the first 2 Daredevils last night. Really impressed.

Another one I'm watching is The Red Road. A bit of a slow burner but started to pick up about 5 episodes in.

Fortitude promised so much more in its first few episodes. I think it went downhill towards the end. Still decent though but not great on reflection 

• Like 1

Has anyone seen any episodes of Ray Donovan?

I've had it recommended to me recently and the reviews have always been positive.

It's class.

It's like the sopranos, set in California.

Characters are great, the only thing that lets it down is Ray's wife. They have clearly based her on Carmela, but she is annoying as fook.

John Voight is the best thing in the show, but Liev Schreiber is quality too.

I'd be surprised if you were disappointed, it's one of the best about at the minute imo.

• Like 2

Has anyone seen any episodes of Ray Donovan?

I've had it recommended to me recently and the reviews have always been positive.

Thoroughly enjoyed both seasons - some great stuff from Liev Schreiber and no one else on the planet can sneer better John Voight!!!

200.gif

I would recommend for sure!

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

Season 3 of Person of Interest is on Netflix now. Dry weekend before payday sorted

That's my night sorted

1398.gif

• Like 1

Â