Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Everything pales in comparison to Community at the moment for me anyway

Onto season 3 and still incredibly good.

Probably only one episode that I found a bit boring (the claymation one). But it's consistently excellent.

I loved community until fairly recently for reasons which I won't go into because maybe spoilers

the paintball episodes were the best. so good.

Alison Brie. That is all. Particularly in the second paintball one and the Christmas musical episode

Finished The Shield.

What. An. Ending.

Brilliant show. I'm torn as to what is better, The Wire or The Shield. Combined they are zenith of modern police shows, 

• Like 1

Finished The Shield.

What. An. Ending.

Brilliant show. I'm torn as to what is better, The Wire or The Shield. Combined they are zenith of modern police shows,

Must revisit the shield.

Watched the first 2 episodes and thought it was cheesey overacted shite.

Clearly I was wrong!

The reason that Community may have lost its way a little is that the creator and showrunner -- the very funny Dan Harmon who also co-created Rick and Morty which is fantastic and you should watch it -- was unceremoniously sacked at the end of season 3 after a fall out with some of the show's executives.

He then returned to the show, however, so it should pick up again post-season 4. I don't know though, I've never watched it. Always meant to but never got round to it. I've heard brilliant things about it though.

Finished The Shield.

What. An. Ending.

I very much enjoyed The Shield but I think it's really just an excellent 'cop show' (with small bits of other stuff) as that's the focus of it all the way through whereas The Wire, for example, looks at and develops the characters of the

criminals, too - as well as then delving in to politics and other institutions quite a bit (I know there's a bit of politics in The Shield but it's rather incidental).

Any decent English comedies lately? Everything they're sending to the States for online streaming is crap. I feel like ever since Peep Show vanished, it's been slim pickings. I don't understand how you witty English folk can cope with Community -- can't STAND it, but I am in huge minority, I know.

For drama, you guys have probably already discussed, but The Americans is really good. 

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

Any decent English comedies lately? Everything they're sending to the States for online streaming is crap. I feel like ever since Peep Show vanished, it's been slim pickings. I don't understand how you witty English folk can cope with Community -- can't STAND it, but I am in huge minority, I know.

For drama, you guys have probably already discussed, but The Americans is really good. 

You could try "The Detectorists"... it's not "HAHA" funny, but it's very British and quirky. 

Obviously I don't know what you have or haven't seen before, have you watched Spaced? 

• Like 1

Give Green Wing a go.

• Like 3

You could try "The Detectorists"... it's not "HAHA" funny, but it's very British and quirky. 

Obviously I don't know what you have or haven't seen before, have you watched Spaced? 

Give Green Wing a go.

Suggestions noted carefully! Will trawl the stream-o-verse and intercontienental web-tunnels for these shows.  :)

Watching "10 faces of Michael Jackson" on channel 5

Sure was one messed up individual but the people who operated on his face are almost criminal with their actions , presumably blinded by money

• Like 1

Give Green Wing a go.

Suggestions noted carefully! Will trawl the stream-o-verse and intercontienental web-tunnels for these shows.  :)

Have you watched the IT crowd? Its a given but you may have missed it. Loving Catastrophe at the moment, people always talk highly of Nathan Barley.

Â