Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

First episode of Vikings was good although the tactitician for the army in this episode needs to get fired

Who's bright spark idea was it to put two armies on two different shores, with a huge river seperating them as if Ragnar was ever going to divide his forces especially when one of your enemies is massively weaker than the other /facepalm

Haha. It makes the Anglo-Saxons look pretty bleedin' stupid. "Why are they attacking my uncle? Why?"

As I understand it, that little battle is pretty much a complete fiction. No one really knows any more what happened to the Mercian "king" Brihtwulf. There's no evidence he died in battle or had a very hot niece who danced provocatively for Norsemen.

Better Call Saul is pretty rubbish. It's watchable, because I want to know what happens, but it's about as clever as a mid level GTA mission. It's fine, but Odenkirk is not a leading man, and Mike is doing his best whoever he is in Community impression.

Better Call Saul is pretty rubbish. It's watchable, because I want to know what happens, but it's about as clever as a mid level GTA mission. It's fine, but Odenkirk is not a leading man, and Mike is doing his best whoever he is in Community impression.

Thats a bit harsh but horses for courses and all that.

I've been listening to the insider podcast which comes out after every episode and its quite interesting, i know they did one for breaking bad but i never listened to those ones. When you hear the creators and directors talking about an hour long episode for well over an hour you realise how much love there is for the source material. They have already discussed little things that i missed in the show and there are lots of little references to breaking bad that you probably wouldn't even notice, definitely recommended for fans of the show.

Broadchurch finale was meh,,,

I may have missed something but wasn't Hardy 'unfit for duty and Miller had been transferred to traffic in a different force, how then were they allowed to question the suspects in the Sandbrook case?

As I said about a week back, somehow the IT crowd passed me by when it was on. Just finished watching series 4 and it's brilliant, reminds me of peep show.

Favourite moment was when Moss says 'You're building a sea parks out of mash potato aren't you'

• Like 1

As I said about a week back, somehow the IT crowd passed me by when it was on. Just finished watching series 4 and it's brilliant, reminds me of peep show.

Favourite moment was when Moss says 'You're building a sea parks out of mash potato aren't you'

When you've finished, watch it all again.

Then watch all again. And then again. Every single line will be your favourite line.

"I will give my answer, if I may, in the form of a joke. What do you call negative one alone in a room?"

Better call Saul is brilliant! At least as good as Breaking Bad so far.

Ah here

I'm outnumbered, but I'm just not grabbed by BCS at all. I think the acting is quite weak in places and there is a lot of very tame dialogue. Saul just doesn't have enough depth as a character. He's a prop that the BB protagonists were going to interact with. Now shoehorning in some element of a backstory, with Mike doing the gate on a parking garage... It's just not the Breaking Bad universe. And Odenkirk is not a lead character actor. Whereas Walt was filled out such that we can imagine him going to bed, or unclogging his shower, Saul can't exist without something funny to do, or someone to interact with. It's like a spin off of the maid Berta in Two and a Half Men. She just doesn't actually exist unless she's cleaning their house and cracking wise. She can't. She's a paper thin character. Saul is the same.

It gets an easy pardon because it's Breaking Bad lite, and very lite at that, but I'm just not at all invested in him because I think the character isn't strong enough for his own show. 

Better call Saul is brilliant! At least as good as Breaking Bad so far.

Ah here

I'm outnumbered, but I'm just not grabbed by BCS at all. I think the acting is quite weak in places and there is a lot of very tame dialogue. Saul just doesn't have enough depth as a character. He's a prop that the BB protagonists were going to interact with. Now shoehorning in some element of a backstory, with Mike doing the gate on a parking garage... It's just not the Breaking Bad universe. And Odenkirk is not a lead character actor. Whereas Walt was filled out such that we can imagine him going to bed, or unclogging his shower, Saul can't exist without something funny to do, or someone to interact with. It's like a spin off of the maid Berta in Two and a Half Men. She just doesn't actually exist unless she's cleaning their house and cracking wise. She can't. She's a paper thin character. Saul is the same.

It gets an easy pardon because it's Breaking Bad lite, and very lite at that, but I'm just not at all invested in him because I think the character isn't strong enough for his own show. 

I disagree.

I think in the first episode then that opinion would be pretty common. I thought it myself.

But even now you can see different things creeping in that is adding more and more depth. 

We're only on Episode 3 (well 4, but I've only seen 3 ;) )

I feel like there's a lot more to come.

Surely Walt was filled out because he was the main character and the show revolved around him.

That doesn't limit one of the other characters to having depth if the new show revolves around them.

Using your analogy, Berta as she appears in 2 and a half men is uninteresting, and a spin off show about her after 2 and a half men would be dull.

But if you made a prequel, as with BCS, then the slate is clean. Really anything could have happened to bring her to that point, and that's what I see with BCS.

It's not just going to be "he was a lawyer and then we get to BB". I imagine it's going to be way deeper than any of us can guess. Which is what I mean. Episode 1 it just looked like step 1 - lawyer. Step 2 - Saul Goodman.

Whereas now you can already see that Saul Goodman is really going to be step 50.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

There are no good tv shows, they all suck

Try creating some drama or action in your life instead, much more fun.

You are in the wrong thread sunshine  :)

Â