Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Not a comedy but Jonathan Creek has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. Was obsessed it with it when I was younger. I still want to live in a windmill and solve improbable crimes now!

Me too, I went to Shipley Mill where he lives when I was at primary school, the best school trip I ever went on. Written by the bloke who did One Foot In The Grave I think. Which reminds me:

• Like 1

Not a comedy but Jonathan Creek has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. Was obsessed it with it when I was younger. I still want to live in a windmill and solve improbable crimes now!

I just can't see Alan Davis as anyone except Alan Davis.

I just can't see Alan Davis as anyone except Alan Davis.

I can't see Alan Davies as Alan Davis.... ;)

It's one of the few shows I have watched that I feel got better and better the longer it went.

The seasons just got stronger. Seasons 5-7 were, for me, utterly superb. Its definitely worth the effort.

Due to talking about it at work so much, 2 colleagues have started on it and they're both enjoying it (still in the fist season).

:o  :blink:

• Like 1

Remove the word guilty from that post and that's where I stand on JC, love it!

• Like 1

Remove the word guilty from that post and that's where I stand on JC, love it!

I think the very latest ones aren't as strong as the early series. He given up his windmill, got married and now works in an office  :(

tumblr_n4xzcif0AT1spqcc0o1_500.gif

He's Back!

I like, too, but I think the writing's been a little off lately. The season 3 opener had a great battle scene, but the rest was dull. I really hated that bit where all the men were moaning about their wives and lovers, etc., verging on self-parody.

First episode of Vikings was good although the tactitician for the army in this episode needs to get fired

Who's bright spark idea was it to put two armies on two different shores, with a huge river seperating them as if Ragnar was ever going to divide his forces especially when one of your enemies is massively weaker than the other /facepalm

Must revisit the shield.

Watched the first 2 episodes and thought it was cheesey overacted shite.

Clearly I was wrong!

It's one of the few shows I have watched that I feel got better and better the longer it went. The seasons just got stronger. Seasons 5-7 were, for me, utterly superb. Its definitely worth the effort. Due to talking about it at work so much, 2 colleagues have started on it and they're both enjoying it (still in the fist season).

I very much enjoyed The Shield but I think it's really just an excellent 'cop show' (with small bits of other stuff) as that's the focus of it all the way through whereas The Wire, for example, looks at and develops the characters of the criminals, too - as well as then delving in to politics and other institutions quite a bit (I know there's a bit of politics in The Shield but it's rather incidental).

I know what you mean. The Wire is much more than just a cop show. I think The Wire has the better writing as well, but for sheer jaw dropping moments and action, then its The Shield. Both great shows.

Thinking of going a bit further back and starting on NYPD Blue or Homicide: Life on the Street

Just finished season 7 of the Shield. I've seen it when it originally aired but her indoors never saw it. By the time it finished I think she was stressed out!

So now we are onto The Wire, I haven't seen it for a few years so it'll be good to get reacquainted.

• Like 1

the main storyline was a bit predictable IMO it was the only way they can do a 3rd series, the 2nd storyline which has been on the verge of boring at times had quite a good finish

I was quite late to this and hadn't appreciated we were looking at two parallel stories of two different murder scenes. I was quite confused.

It was very good, but adverts are a pain in the nuts.

Â