Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Not sure if it’s new on AppleTV or I missed it when it first came out but Five Days at Memorial is pretty traumatic. It’s all about a hospital that was cut off in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. 
Really worth a watch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Just watched The Job Lot on Netflix. Set in Birmingham in a job centre. Quite funny and very watchable. 

That's certainly not reflective of real life. You would be hard - pressed to find a smiling face in a job centre, and that includes the people who work there. 

2 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

Just rewatched True Detective S1 since seeing it from when it first aired.

10/10 Outstanding

It's one of them shows, no matter that you have seen it before, it still packs an almighty punch!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, theboyangel said:

It’s awful and not worth it sadly

Agreed but Netflix have recently done an amination film, going from the first part of Journey to the West when he’s just getting his powers and becoming Great Sage 

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Agreed but Netflix have recently done an amination film, going from the first part of Journey to the West when he’s just getting his powers and becoming Great Sage 

I watched this with my son and he loved it. Didn't quite have the charm of the 70s show but that's natural. It's worth giving it a go.

11 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Lady Mariko in  Shogun, what an absolute darling!

Something tells me before it's done she won't be! A few people are getting the rage from the other side of that four folded wall or whatever she called it 

Either her or the toda (?) woman are going off on one 

17 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Finished season 1 of Succession and The Leftovers.

Both top tier shows so far.

So jealous you're watching both of these for the first time. :D 

• Like 1

I binged "Messiah" the other week

shame it got canned and no season 2 as I thought it was quite a decent series  and left you with just enough is he or isn't he moments 

fairly sure he is just a naughty boy  and that the young Syrian kid would turn out to be the messiah [/spolier]

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I binged "Messiah" the other week

I genuinely thought I was in the classical music thread for a moment there. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Lady Mariko in  Shogun, what an absolute darling!

I concur.

Anna Sawai is also in Legacy of Monsters.

This Town.....sorry, but it is dull. I was 16 in 1981 so the music, news and lifestyles are relatable but.....actors putting on brummie accents ? Nah.

Too many mentions of the Lulus and also the character wearing the double bollock chain ? Nah.

Brummie TV programmes....Nah, doesn't work. I'm old enough to remember the p!ss poor and failed soap drama Empire Road from the late 70s. Awful.

The characters in This Town are just so wooden especially the main/lead actor. There's a lot less emphasis on the music side in the show than i expected. I might warm to it in later episodes but you know when something catches your interest early on ? Well this ain't one of them but its just keeping me interested enough to carry on, but only just.

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

On 04/04/2024 at 19:13, omariqy said:

Just watched The Job Lot on Netflix. Set in Birmingham in a job centre. Quite funny and very watchable. 

And filmed in **** London 🙄

5 hours ago, mottaloo said:

This Town.....sorry, but it is dull. I was 16 in 1981 so the music, news and lifestyles are relatable but.....actors putting on brummie accents ? Nah.

Too many mentions of the Lulus and also the character wearing the double bollock chain ? Nah.

Brummie TV programmes....Nah, doesn't work. I'm old enough to remember the p!ss poor and failed soap drama Empire Road from the late 70s. Awful.

The characters in This Town are just so wooden especially the main/lead actor. There's a lot less emphasis on the music side in the show than i expected. I might warm to it in later episodes but you know when something catches your interest early on ? Well this ain't one of them but its just keeping me interested enough to carry on, but only just.

Yeah I certainly won’t watch this tripe, hated two-tone anyway but I said to the missus that the turd who wrote it will try to shoehorn in as many small queef references as possible. Looks like I was right.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mottaloo said:

No such thing as a Zulus  in 1981. They called themselves the Apex then.

48 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Yeah I certainly won’t watch this tripe, hated two-tone anyway but I said to the missus that the turd who wrote it will try to shoehorn in as many small queef references as possible. Looks like I was right.

Well I couldn't get through the first episode of Peaky Blinders, and I ruled this new thing out after seeing the trailers. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Well I couldn't get through the first episode of Peaky Blinders, and I ruled this new thing out after seeing the trailers. 

To be fair Peaky Blinders turned out pretty decent, probably the only thing Knight will do that is. Bluenose word removed.

Â