Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Surprised by Sugar on Appletv. Colin Farrel as a private detective, very noir but four episodes in so far and really enjoying it. 

Got netflix after maybe as much as a year off, finally got round to watching top boy

The ending is brilliant, how they got there wasn't really, the first couple of episodes are pretty much a write off 

Spoiler

I wasn't impressed with how they more or less binned off the Moroccans and brought in the the Irish then binned off the irish

The main cast are superb again, unfortunately I happen to love kanos music and hes overdue a new album but annoyingly he's a great actor 

Couple to beers in, wife gone to bed, looking for something to watch

Stick Disney on

It's 10.49pm

New episode of Bluey 

28 minutes 

Are you for **** real... I nearly woke the whole house up to watch it but it looks like I'll be watching it for a second time about 6.10am tomorrow morning 

Made my day 

• Haha 1

On 18/04/2024 at 23:47, Davkaus said:

I thought I'd check out the 3 Body Problem after reading a few positive comments about it, and it's absolute **** garbage. I stuck through the whole thing to see if it redeemed itself, but nah, it's not for me.

The most brilliant scientists in the world, who are unfortunately written by idiots, so they're also idiots.

Obviously it's scifi so the plot is going to be absurd, but it stretched my suspension of disbelief to breaking point 3 or 4 episodes in when:

Reveal hidden contents

They need to get some data off the ship, but they can't send in special forces because it'll be a bloodbath, and they can't use missiles, because that might destroy the data. So now, they'll just slice the ship into tiny pieces using nanofibre and the data will by pure chance be perfectly safe from it, despite them having no idea where it is, because the aliens want them to find it, k. 

Characters making dumb decisions that make no sense other than to advance a plot is infuriating at the best of times, never mind when they're meant to be the finest minds of our generation.

Agreed thought I would give it a chance its possibly the biggest waste of my time ever!  Annoyed with myself for thinking it might have a pay off!

Eliza Gonzalez is fit that's about it!

22 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Another thumbs up for Baby Reindeer. Worth watching!

I started this last night and got through 5 episodes before realising I really had to get some sleep. It's an absolutely captivating show, but I can't for the life of me imagine performing some of that on stage and putting some of those stories and inner thoughts out in the public domain.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

The Nightclub owner in This Town. Whose he supposed to based upon, Eddie Futrill? 

As for the IRA plot, it's beyond absurd.

I said this to the Mrs, seems likely. His story would be a very interesting one I'm sure of that.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, tinker said:

I said this to the Mrs, seems likely. His story would be a very interesting one I'm sure of that.

I remember his Brother, Don had Pollyannas. We (C Crew) had it off with the doorman at one of the lad's stag night and about four of the boys ended up in jail. 

That's "Doormen" for you. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Shocked 1

I can always rely on Larry David to send me to bed smiling. To Cheryl's Jesus loving father, "I could understand if Jesus had a daughter, Jane, I could worship a Jane, but worship a guy, it's a bit of a little gay thing." Only Larry.

Â