Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

33 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Started Mr Inbetween, I would never have imagined that the guy who played Dewy Crowe in Justified was actually an Australian in real life.

He has also played Charles Manson…twice. 

You just can't beat Larry David if you want to howl with laughter. When the blind character, Mike asks Larry if his girlfriend is really beautiful and Larry replies with, "What does it matter, you can't see her, that's one of the advantages, right? And the good hearing, or is that just a myth." Comedy doesn't get much better than that.

Edited by sheepyvillian

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

You just can't beat Larry David if you want to howl with laughter. When the blind character, Mike asks Larry if his girlfriend is really beautiful and Larry replies with, "What does it matter, you can't see her, that's one of the advantages, right? And the good hearing, or is that just a myth." Comedy doesn't get much better than that.

I guess you have to hear the delivery, but that reads to me like something that Bernard Manning would have rejected as unfunny. 

53 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I guess you have to hear the delivery, but that reads to me like something that Bernard Manning would have rejected as unfunny. 

It's the context of the whole episode that makes the comment so funny, and it's why Larry David is such a genius, imo..

3 episodes into 3 Body Problem and it’s interesting to say the least. 

Some good characters (but also a couple of whiny ones I have no interest in!) and the plot is unraveling along nicely. 

On 28/03/2024 at 00:20, TheAuthority said:

That’s what I thought.

Hide contents

Then it descends into the absurd and the pacing is all over the place. Plot lines left confused (even if there is another season.) 

sadly it seems like the show runners are great at the set up (ala GOT) but when it come to nailing the landing they fall flat in their face. It’s so obvious this is an abridged version of the original material which means they’ve failed imo.

The music also irritated me and actually made me angry. He’s just copied ALL of the soundscapes from Westworld. What a clearing in the woods! It is identical - what a missed opportunity!

Can't agree. I enjoyed it right to the end (haven't read the book, and don't intend to). It's going to be a long wait for s2 (if there is one). 

• Like 1

TV tip for those with kids in the appropriate age for it (whatever that might be) They have made a new Ronja the Robbers Daughter (Astrid Lindgren) series. 12 eps with the opening 6 out now. 

Looks pretty well made and they've fleshed out the story a bit apparently. Only just started it so early days but it's not a kids show per se. Got some scary scenes in it if you're too young while not going grim dark :)

On Netflix, might need a VPN thou.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sne said:

TV tip for those with kids in the appropriate age for it (whatever that might be) They have made a new Ronja the Robbers Daughter (Astrid Lindgren) series. 12 eps with the opening 6 out now. 

Looks pretty well made and they've fleshed out the story a bit apparently. Only just started it so early days but it's not a kids show per se. Got some scary scenes in it if you're too young while not going grim dark :)

On Netflix, might need a VPN thou.

Oh wow, thanks. Our (now) eight year old granddaughter absolutely loved the first series, watched it all the way through three times. This is great news. 

EDIT: Ah, just realised this is the live action version. The one our GD loved was the Miyazaki/Ghibli anime one. She'll probably still be interested. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Oh wow, thanks. Our (now) eight year old granddaughter absolutely loved the first series, watched it all the way through three times. This is great news. 

EDIT: Ah, just realised this is the live action version. The one our GD loved was the Miyazaki/Ghibli anime one. She'll probably still be interested. 

Should add that it is in Swedish so subtitles unless Netflix has dubbed it.

Trigger Point is so daft. Entertaining but daft. Very much '24' vibes with all the unlikely situations and choices that have to be made.

Â