Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Really enjoyed 3 Body Problem and liked the way the first season ended.

Don't know much about the source material but clearly there's plenty left in the tank for a couple more seasons, which I'm sure will get commissioned. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Really enjoyed 3 Body Problem and liked the way the first season ended.

Don't know much about the source material but clearly there's plenty left in the tank for a couple more seasons, which I'm sure will get commissioned. 

Only thing is, I can see it being a long wait. 

Same with Shogun. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Only thing is, I can see it being a long wait. 

Same with Shogun. 

And andor

House of the dragon is just shy of 2 years, umbrella academy has been 2 years, the boys 2 years, squid game is coming up for 3 years

It'll be mid 2026 for shogun 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

No such thing as a Zulus  in 1981. They called themselves the Apex then.

That's what I thought..... I mean, my memory ain't what it was but I was scratching my head thinking "lulus in 81 ??? Nah  !"

Thanks for confirming 🙂

• Like 1

I loved that line in Shogun from Torenaga to his Son, "Why is it those who have never been in a battle are so eager to be in one," how true that must be to battle - hardened veterans. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

No such thing as a Zulus  in 1981. They called themselves the Apex then.

Sure did. Most of them are good friends of mine. I would see them on the Town virtually every day, and become their mortal enemy when we played the "Noses." Funny thing is, I never felt the urge to join them in any battles as a kid, just the once against the Cockney Reds, "Black Sam" and his Boys.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Season 2 of Tokyo Vice was rather good.

What’s that on (guessing HBO)? 

it’s not out yet as far as I’m aware in the UK.. 

Hopefully it covers more of the source material in the book, which was a fascinating read

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

What’s that on (guessing HBO)? 

it’s not out yet as far as I’m aware in the UK.. 

Hopefully it covers more of the source material in the book, which was a fascinating read

It's on Prime Video.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sne said:

VPN?

It’s a possibility but I can wait for it to stream somewhere eventually - there’s lots of available shows to watch already 😅

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 06/04/2024 at 03:13, mottaloo said:

This Town.....sorry, but it is dull. I was 16 in 1981 so the music, news and lifestyles are relatable but.....actors putting on brummie accents ? Nah.

Too many mentions of the Lulus and also the character wearing the double bollock chain ? Nah.

Brummie TV programmes....Nah, doesn't work. I'm old enough to remember the p!ss poor and failed soap drama Empire Road from the late 70s. Awful.

The characters in This Town are just so wooden especially the main/lead actor. There's a lot less emphasis on the music side in the show than i expected. I might warm to it in later episodes but you know when something catches your interest early on ? Well this ain't one of them but its just keeping me interested enough to carry on, but only just.

I think its OK but too slow.

I mean I've seen the 3rd of 5 episodes and don't have a clue what the song might sound like. 

General annoyances:

1.  Poor Birmingham accents straying into scouse frequently 
  2. The Pantomime gangster. Just so  OTT and unnecessary. 
  3. His constant bad poetry. Not sure if that's the point but his songwriting is going to be amazing, but it's really irritating and they really should have got a better writer in on the poetry.
  4. The constant references to The Lulu's. Quite sickening 
  5. The constant references to the M6. It's actually weird. 
  6. Why is he constantly walking underneath the motorway going from seemingly nowhere to seemingly nowhere.  Did they not invent buses till after 1981 because that's how I got pretty much everywhere back then.
  7. He lives in Chelmsley Wood yet goes to college in Handsworth (as does his femal skinhead friend) along with another girl who lives in Sutton Coldfield. That Handsworth college must have been one hell of a draw. 
  8. Why does his Coventry cousin speak in a Birmingham (ish) accent? He seems to have lived in Coventry his whole life as far as I can tell. 
  9. A lot of the music featured and referenced is not contemporary which I find odd.  It was the premise of the show that was kind of advertised. 

Other than that it's OK.  Just a very odd show. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, sne said:

Season 2 of Tokyo Vice was rather good.

Ah great, been looking forward to this, and presumably Severance soon too? I feel like they both started around the same time.

• Like 1

Â