Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 24/03/2024 at 17:47, fightoffyour said:

Anyway 3BP is incredible so far

That’s what I thought.

Spoiler

Then it descends into the absurd and the pacing is all over the place. Plot lines left confused (even if there is another season.) 

sadly it seems like the show runners are great at the set up (ala GOT) but when it come to nailing the landing they fall flat in their face. It’s so obvious this is an abridged version of the original material which means they’ve failed imo.

The music also irritated me and actually made me angry. He’s just copied ALL of the soundscapes from Westworld. What a clearing in the woods! It is identical - what a missed opportunity!

• Like 1

On 24/03/2024 at 23:47, fightoffyour said:

Anyway 3BP is incredible so far

I'm amazed Micah Richards is such a good actor, and he hasn't made his trademark giggle once yet.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I'm amazed Micah Richards is such a good actor, and he hasn't made his trademark giggle once yet.

And now I can't unsee it, ya bastid. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

That’s what I thought.

Hide contents

Then it descends into the absurd and the pacing is all over the place. Plot lines left confused (even if there is another season.) 

sadly it seems like the show runners are great at the set up (ala GOT) but when it come to nailing the landing they fall flat in their face. It’s so obvious this is an abridged version of the original material which means they’ve failed imo.

The music also irritated me and actually made me angry. He’s just copied ALL of the soundscapes from Westworld. What a clearing in the woods! It is identical - what a missed opportunity!

Just like the book then? Solid start then a descent into nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, choffer said:

Just like the book then? Solid start then a descent into nonsense. 

I haven't read it - but I agree with your point. Very solid start - could have gone any way and chose the worst and most boring/stupid.

10 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Decided to get the 4 . 99 Disney subscription. Think I'll have a bit of Shogun. Any recommendations would be appreciated. 

Everything that @Designer1 said but also Reservation Dogs. 

• Thanks 1

Blasting through Atlanta at the moment. Such a fun show. Completely different to what I was expecting when I first heard about it.

• Like 2

I enjoyed the first episode of Shogun. I love the accent of the English character, that's exactly how I would imagine an English Man would sound from that era.

It's certainly not a show to binge, you almost have to give yourself time to absorb the narrative. An episode a day should suffice. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

I've enjoyed Shogun so far but hate the weekly release format.

Also, couldn't help but laugh at this bit in episode 4 (unless I missed something):

Spoiler

When she confronts him about being a pirate and raiding places and she knows it's true because she'd seen he wrote it in his diary:

Spoiler

She doesn't speak English, let alone read it. This means for some bizarre reason he writes his diary in Portuguese. 

• Like 1

Â