Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

8 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Finished 3 Body Problem and although I thought it peaked at episode 5 I still really liked it. Hoping for another series 

Agreed. Perhaps because ep5 was the least 'science fiction-y', but concentrated on the relationships of the 'reluctant heroes'. 

I'm quite surprised about the lack of USA domination of the plot. The defence of Earth appears to be mainly led by Europeans. Might that affect its popularity in America (and thus its chance of renewal)? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Agreed. Perhaps because ep5 was the least 'science fiction-y', but concentrated on the relationships of the 'reluctant heroes'. 

I'm quite surprised about the lack of USA domination of the plot. The defence of Earth appears to be mainly led by Europeans. Might that affect its popularity in America (and thus its chance of renewal)? 

I hope not but you never know with Netflix. They can be quite ruthless when it comes to canceling TV shows 

I've blasted through the first two seasons of Mr Inbetween. Excellent stuff, I've really enjoyed it.

However:

Spoiler

I could have really done without the dog dying 😭

On 30/03/2024 at 23:17, Villa87 said:

Late to the party but just started 1883 - got 1923 and Yellowstone to look forward to. 

Just finished Yellowstone and it was brilliant. Starting 1883 this week.

13 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

Tonight's episode of Shogun....bladdy 'ell

One to go, and I've just realised they're not going to get near the end of the story in one series. So we'll be hanging on the chance of it being renewed. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm loving Shogun that much, I know have a love for all things "Oriental," and I demand a remake of The Water Margin. 

And monkey

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Not as good as TWM, imo.

I agree, but both staple viewing on BBC2 around 6 pm slot on a Thursday

• Like 3

Just finished the Artful Dodger on Disney  with my 14yr old daughter and quite enjoyed it.

A fairly decent concept with AD (Thomas Brodie-Sangster) having escaped prison in London finds himself in colonial Australia after a stint as a surgeon in the Navy and employed as a doctor.

Things go to shit when Fagin (played by David Thewlis) arrives on a convict ship! 

Some good surgical gore and amusing plots ensue!

we’ve now started watching Renegade Nell (also Disney) with Louisa Harland (from Derry Girls) who becomes an outlaw after being framed for murder. However she has certain skills gifted to her by a fairy (Nick Mohammed!) so can fight back against injustice. 

First episode was pretty funny and an easy watch. 

• Like 1

On 03/04/2024 at 12:29, mjmooney said:

One to go, and I've just realised they're not going to get near the end of the story in one series. So we'll be hanging on the chance of it being renewed. 

I have no doubt it’ll be renewed. 

Have loved every episode!

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Rewatching Mindhunter. It's so good. Will be forever sad that we never got a season 3 :( 

I heard a rumour that Fincher was considering finally doing the third season. 🤞

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I heard a rumour that Fincher was considering finally doing the third season. 🤞

I hope you're right, but he'd previously said it was Netflix not moving forward with it due to the special effects costs. There's a lot more CGI and special effects than you might think, and Fincher was very heavily involved in all of them, increasing the costs. Apparently not enough people watched it to justify the budget?!

• Like 1

Â