Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

13 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

The Town, no cars got clamped in the early 80s and the Zulus formed in about 85.

Oh the Lulus get plenty of mentions throughout the series which made me wonder how the rest of the country would even start to understand who or what they were. Only local football fans of a certain age would know the reference,  laughable though it is !

Believe me, you'll find plenty more to annoy you about that programme 

Spoiler

Including the idiotic and pointless club owner and wannabe Kray type character !

39 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Oh the Lulus get plenty of mentions throughout the series which made me wonder how the rest of the country would even start to understand who or what they were. Only local football fans of a certain age would know the reference,  laughable though it is !

Believe me, you'll find plenty more to annoy you about that programme 

Reveal hidden contents

Including the idiotic and pointless club owner and wannabe Kray type character !

Ive got no issue with the "Zulus," I hung about the Town as a "Saucepan," so I had plenty of pals who were Noses, but back then they were not called Zulus.

The most annoying part of this show is the mass murder of the Brummie accent, I think even Gary Oldman would struggle with that accent. The music is a bit off too, I mean, where's the New Romantic tracks? 

Steven Knight is one overrated man.

• Like 1

On 14/04/2024 at 20:59, Nicho said:

The Fallout TV series is fantastic

Only watched the first episode and know absolutely zero about the source material. Therefore I dont really know what is going on or where the story is taking us but am loving it all the same

28 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

anyone watching baby reindeer? 6 episodes in and absolutely hooked

Mentioned on previous page.

Superb show.

I thought I'd check out the 3 Body Problem after reading a few positive comments about it, and it's absolute **** garbage. I stuck through the whole thing to see if it redeemed itself, but nah, it's not for me.

The most brilliant scientists in the world, who are unfortunately written by idiots, so they're also idiots.

Obviously it's scifi so the plot is going to be absurd, but it stretched my suspension of disbelief to breaking point 3 or 4 episodes in when:

Spoiler

They need to get some data off the ship, but they can't send in special forces because it'll be a bloodbath, and they can't use missiles, because that might destroy the data. So now, they'll just slice the ship into tiny pieces using nanofibre and the data will by pure chance be perfectly safe from it, despite them having no idea where it is, because the aliens want them to find it, k. 

Characters making dumb decisions that make no sense other than to advance a plot is infuriating at the best of times, never mind when they're meant to be the finest minds of our generation.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

Just started Ripley. Looks promising, particularly the b&w cinematography, which gives it a very 'period authentic' look. 

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Just started Ripley. Looks promising, particularly the b&w cinematography, which gives it a very 'period authentic' look. 

Finished it, it was OK, huge plot hole for me that spoilt it.

Â