Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 31/01/2022 at 12:03, Rodders said:

Not even bothered with AL season 3. The last season was so laughingly awful in every facet, just crap acting and crap dialogue it astounds me it got made never made received good reviews. It's just so brazenly simple, fridge magnet philosophising about life. There's the odd individual scene, usually not involving RG, which is funny in fairness, but overall it's like the script is written by an algorithm. 

Though, having spent the past week introducing my partner to the experience that is Designated Survivor, there is far worse than After Life out there. DS is sensationally shit. The script, dear lord the script. Presumably made by teenagers who've done a bit of political research but then loaded every line with B movie corn, for nonsense characters that spout all that 'yay america' crap up to eleven. I know it got cancelled after 3 seasons, but christ. It is entertainingly shit. But also so frustrating. I mean you have this fantastically intriguing conceit, the one guy left after everyone else in government is killed off, and it just ruins it. The amount of twists and sub plots in one or two episodes alone that proper functioning adult writers would spend a focused series on is just absurd. Quite simply the worst piece of fiction - for the budget involved at least - that I have ever seen. Everyone involved should have hung their head in shame, and resigned from the acting and writing profession. 

So, we'll be watching season 2 next week then....

The best thing about Designated Survivor, other than Italia Ricci, is when you get to the third series where Netflix have obviously bought the rights to make it and suddenly they're swearing every other sentence when it's been PG for the first two.  The actual premise is good, they just tried to shoehorn 7 series of West Wing into 2 or 3 with Jack Bauer as President.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Been watching The Teacher on channel 5, started Monday night and on every night until Thursday. 

Sheridan Smith is great. Enjoying it so far. 

She plays a teacher accused of sleeping with a 15 year old student on a night out and the aftermath. 

annoying that my5 app is no longer available on consoles as that's what we use to watch telly via a regular tv (not a smart tv)

The Book of Boba episode 6. Oh yeah! I'm smiling massively after watching that. Favreau and Filoni just get IT!

This was, is, proper Star Wars.

Spoiler

Luke, Grogu, Ahsoka, Cobb Vanth, Cad Bane, Order66, 501st Clone Troopers, Yoda's saber, R2, Jedi Academy, Grogu being trained by Luke, the Syndicate.

For those moaning, let's face it, this series is an interlude to set up Mandalorian series 3.

The deepfake YouTube guy that Lucasfilm hired really earned his money. Luke looks incredible!

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Been watching The Teacher on channel 5, started Monday night and on every night until Thursday. 

Sheridan Smith is great. Enjoying it so far. 

She plays a teacher accused of sleeping with a 15 year old student on a night out and the aftermath. 

Yes, Mrs F and I are watching it and it’s an enjoyable watch. With Mrs F being a teacher herself, we’re both intrigued to see how this all plays out 👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Anyone watching the Yellowstone prequel 1883 ? A really great story with some fine actors and beautiful scenery. 

Yes, 6 episodes in and really enjoying it. haven't seen Yellowstone but will give it a go after this.

• Like 1

Started Murderville tonight. 
I wish Americans wouldn’t try to recreate UK shows. It’s kinda fun to watch the celebs play along but it feels like it’s a really limited version of what it could be. 

8 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Has anybody seen the first episode of Pammy and Tommy on Disney yet

Watched the first three, it’s good stuff!

In the first episode I thought Seth Rogen’s character was just a vehicle to tell the story but no, all really happened that way apparently. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, choffer said:

Started Murderville tonight. 
I wish Americans wouldn’t try to recreate UK shows. It’s kinda fun to watch the celebs play along but it feels like it’s a really limited version of what it could be. 

What's the UK show it's taken from?

41 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Jack Reacher tonight. I feel a binge coming on. 👍

Looking forward to this seeing as they seem to have finally got the right actor. Lee Child has given it his blessing, too. 

Not too much wrong with Cruise's Reacher. The film's were a bit too mild and a bit too Cruisecentric.

• Like 3

Â