Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Finished Ted Lasso.

The drop off in quality from Season 1 to Season 2 is absolutely shocking. I loved Season 1. Season 2 is mostly bad. Really bad.

Picked up towards the end and managed to make me excited for Season 3, but it was hard work

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Liking The Curse, I really like Tom Davis so that helps. Aside from one episode I didn't really watch People Just Do Nothing, but the cast of that are pretty good in the curse. Emer Kenny is the standout though I think. Will watch the last 2 episodes tonight but all in all fairly solid. 

I struggled with some of The Curse but did finish it. 

I quite enjoyed People Just Do Nothing but mainly down to Asim Chaudry’s character Chabuddy G! 

Tom Davis was only recognisable by bulk in this though 😂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Finished Vikings. 

Not quite elite tier TV...but **** close.

New series - Vikings (Valhalla) starts Feb 25 on Netflix. 

Set 100 years after the last series, and centering on the adventures of Leif Erikson, Freydis, Harald Hardrada and the Norman King William the Conqueror.

Jarl Haakon is played by a black woman, which will doubtless enrage the gammons. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i really enjoyed it, i think it definitely becomes more on the nose as to the mental health stuff whilst also getting slightly sillier which shouldnt really work but theres enough good characters there to keep it going

There's some nice messages in there, but the whole dynamic changes and just doesn't work. Some of the episodes were really poor. The Christmas episode was laughably shit. And the episode that just focuses on beard was pure filler.

It does get better as it goes on. For example the 

Spoiler

Panic attack

Storyline is quite good. And

Spoiler

Nate's spiral into evil

is excellent. But overall it was really disappointing.

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's some nice messages in there, but the whole dynamic changes and just doesn't work. Some of the episodes were really poor. The Christmas episode was laughably shit. And the episode that just focuses on beard was pure filler.

It does get better as it goes on. For example the 

Reveal hidden contents

Panic attack

Storyline is quite good. And

Reveal hidden contents

Nate's spiral into evil

is excellent. But overall it was really disappointing.

This episode was worth it alone for Keeley in her special outfit. 8/10 WB

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

This episode was worth it alone for Keeley in her special outfit. 8/10 WB

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Meh. I prefer Rebecca

And the real Keeley (Bex)

Don't get me wrong, beggars can't be choosers. I'm sure a Rebbeca + Keeley combo would be a thing of pure magic.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Big Sky is pretty decent but I'm not sure how they're gonna stretch it over 16 episodes(we are on episode 4).

Finished this after watching episode 1 by accident. Whilst it remains entertaining it does get a bit silly, very sometimes but I had to keep going. Can't remember how many episodes the original run was, 6 or 8 whatever, they are the best it gets.

On 06/02/2022 at 19:53, mykeyb said:

Game On, BBC comedy from yonks ago. Found them on YouTube.

Some genuine laugh out loud moments..........

Samantha Janus at her prettiest. Loved that comedy. Cant find the last series on YouTube though. 

• Like 2

On 03/02/2022 at 08:31, Designer1 said:

Really enjoyed the first episode of this:

spacer.png

Finished this now. Yep very good, perhaps could have condensed it to ten episodes instead of twelve, but I rarely felt like it was meandering, which considering the episodes last around an hour each, it’s pretty good going. 

It’s really relentless for lots of it. It has a couple of genuinely funny moments among all the bloodshed.

And as often with these things I found myself guessing who was going to see the series out. It threw me a number of times in that regard.

Worth watching.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PaulC said:

Samantha Janus at her prettiest. Loved that comedy. Cant find the last series on YouTube though. 

I used to like watching her.

I always wondered if her (J)anus looked like a balloon knot.

• Like 1

I may be behind the times but watched the pilot episode of Euphoria last night. Man there was a lot going on!

Nudity, violence, anal sex, drugs, profanity, regular sex, teenagers communicating in a language I barely recognise as English...it made me feel completely past it (and a little nostalgic).

I kind of enjoyed, kind of stressed me out. Does it calm down a bit?

30 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

I may be behind the times but watched the pilot episode of Euphoria last night. Man there was a lot going on!

Nudity, violence, anal sex, drugs, profanity, regular sex,

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Â