Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

4 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Looking forward to this seeing as they seem to have finally got the right actor. Lee Child has given it his blessing, too. 

Not too much wrong with Cruise's Reacher. The film's were a bit too mild and a bit too Cruisecentric.

I like Cruise as an actor but having read the books he was as far away from Reacher as you could get. Might as well have cast Warwick Davies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Amazon revealed a bunch of character teaser posters for their appallingly titled LoTR show the Rings of Power, which are basically speculation bait to the max. But they do look half decent and intriguing enough to suggest the show has got potential.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After a slight drop in quality in S5 of Vikings, S6 is right back on form - just brilliant stuff.

I'll be sad to finish it tbh, it's been pretty much consistently excellent.

Talking of sad...

Spoiler

Lagertha has just gone to Valhalla 😭 - My lord, that woman is easily one of the best female characters ever written.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I like Cruise as an actor but having read the books he was as far away from Reacher as you could get. Might as well have cast Warwick Davies. 

Just finished the first episode. As a Jack Reacher nut I think it’s really good and a true representation of him and pretty much the story of the first book. Reckon I will finish this over the weekend which is rare for me

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Designer1 said:

After a slight drop in quality in S5 of Vikings, S6 is right back on form - just brilliant stuff.

Talking of sad...

Hide contents

Lagertha has just gone to Valhalla 😭 - My lord, that woman is easily one of the best female characters ever written.

Spoiler

Great set of jubblys on her

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Just finished the first episode. As a Jack Reacher nut I think it’s really good and a true representation of him and pretty much the story of the first book. Reckon I will finish this over the weekend which is rare for me

Just about to start episode 3, I haven't read the books and all I know about the character is the Tom Cruise films, I really enjoyed the first film and the second was OKish but what I know most about this is that Cruise was too small. Well this guy is, ERM, well, he's big enough.

First two episodes were great and Roscoe is brilliant. Might stay up all night.

Ps. Reachers voice sounds like the Mandalorians. Cool.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just about to start episode 3, I haven't read the books and all I know about the character is the Tom Cruise films, I really enjoyed the first film and the second was OKish but what I know most about this is that Cruise was too small. Well this guy is, ERM, well, he's big enough.

First two episodes were great and Roscoe is brilliant. Might stay up all night.

Ps. Reachers voice sounds like the Mandalorians. Cool.

I think they have transmitted the Sherlock homeless theme quite well so far

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Finally getting round to watching Ted Lasso. Season 1 done.

It's strange. It's really quite shit, but it just works, and ends up being really good. I can't describe it

I was apprehensive about the show, thinking it would be one long drawn out sketch so was very surprised by the overall emotion of it and how good it was!

I really enjoyed it and loved the second season too. 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

The 2nd season is more on the nose as to what it's all about and to be fair to them it not only works but it's things that need talking about 

It obviously all revolves around Ted, you can't help but like him, he's a brilliant character 

They can't film football though, it's the achilles heel

• Like 2

First two eps of S2 of Raised by Wolves was OK. Slight improvement from S1 which was barely passable IMO. Still not sure what the series want's to be and if it's worth sticking with. Ridley Scott has been more miss than his for a while now.

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Phil, I just finished episode 5, I knew that was coming, you could sense it. 

It's quite powerful at times, I really like her, although if I was her father I'd slap her backside a lot because she's, well, just being a teen I suppose. Knew nothing about Tim McGraw pre this but he has an aura about him, very strong. Sam Elliot is class too, always. It's good.

• Like 1

On 03/02/2022 at 14:22, Follyfoot said:

Has anybody seen the first episode of Pammy and Tommy on Disney yet

Yes. It’s nonsense. Quite enjoyable nonsense though. 
Basically it’s got Seth Rogan in it so that tells you exactly what you’re getting. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

It's quite powerful at times, I really like her, although if I was her father I'd slap her backside a lot because she's, well, just being a teen I suppose. Knew nothing about Tim McGraw pre this but he has an aura about him, very strong. Sam Elliot is class too, always. It's good.

I agree. Really powerful storytelling. 

On 04/02/2022 at 13:31, Designer1 said:

Talking of sad...

Hide contents

spacer.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xela said:

Watched the first two episodes of Reacher. Really like it so far. 

Just finished it, quality and a great nod to fans of the books at the end

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 3

Â