Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

9 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

It says "Mark your calendar" then doesn't give a start date. 

18th April is the prevailing opinion.

The crime scene has “D” and “R” displayed (D being 4, R being 18).

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Convinced something bad will happen to Kim 😭

Not so sure.

My reasoning for what it’s worth (complete guesswork on my part)-

Spoiler

They’ve been pretty good at tying things in with Breaking Bad, making it consistent.

When we first meet Saul in Breaking Bad, he doesn’t come across as being particularly mournful. As it stands if something had happened to her he would be bereft. But when he’s introduced in BB he’s cynical, but quite funny with it. He’s kinda lighthearted for someone whose wife was killed by the cartel.

The only thing that might explain that is something has happened to her but he doesn’t know about it. Maybe they break up and don’t see each other again and then something bad happens. 

I’m curious how the present day black and while storyline resolves. I wouldn’t be surprised if that plot thread is the main part of the final episode as that will ultimately bring the Saul Goodman story to it’s end.

• Like 1

I'm nearly through the first season of Gomorrah and I have to say, it's, at times, spellbinding. What I really admire about this show is it doesn't pander to romanticism. It's that cold you need a coat on to watch it. 

To begin with I really liked the character Ciro, but now there is no character I hate more ,which is a reflection of the great storytelling and acting that is on offer in this exceptional show.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm nearly through the first season of Gomorrah and I have to say, it's, at times, spellbinding. What I really admire about this show is it doesn't pander to romanticism. It's that cold you need a coat on to watch it. 

To begin with I really liked the character Ciro, but now there is no character I hate more ,which is a reflection of the great storytelling and acting that is on offer in this exceptional show.

Wish I could go back and watch it all for the first time again. You lucky boy.

In between seasons 4 & 5 there is a film, it probably won't show up on your series lists, It's called The Immortal, well worth watching as it fills the gap between seasons, not many of the characters are in it so its not rated as highly but its worth watching and I enjoyed it.

On 05/02/2022 at 19:52, Follyfoot said:

I agree I think Cruise is finished in the role if there is another film. I just hope they make as many series as possible now as I like the eight episode format per book. He’s not quite as intimidating as Reacher is in the books but he is as near to it as you could get on screen

I think they've cast Reacher really well, built like a BSH just like the books. I havent read Killing Floor yet but have really enjoyed the ones I have read. Hope it's back soon with season 2

• Like 3

Watched “Val” tonight … seeing him speak through a device due to a hole in  his throat  was quite harrowing 

decent watch for anyone who likes their films , seeing clips of him with a young Kevin Bacon and Sean Penn was quite cool … he made Audition tapes for Goodfellas and full metal jacket , not sure he would have worked as Henry  Hill but he was dedicated in trying to get roles  

he dissed Top Secret  as “fluff” though which is a shame as that’s such an under rated comedy , some great visual gags that still make you chuckle on repeat viewing .

always had a reputation as being difficult to work with  but he’s got some great work in his catalogue 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Watched “Val” tonight … seeing him speak through a device due to a hole in  his throat  was quite harrowing 

decent watch for anyone who likes their films , seeing clips of him with a young Kevin Bacon and Sean Penn was quite cool … he made Audition tapes for Goodfellas and full metal jacket , not sure he would have worked as Henry  Hill but he was dedicated in trying to get roles  

he dissed Top Secret  as “fluff” though which is a shame as that’s such an under rated comedy , some great visual gags that still make you chuckle on repeat viewing .

always had a reputation as being difficult to work with  but he’s got some great work in his catalogue 

I remember he had a small role in The Snowman a few years back and he sounded terrible though looking back they actually dubbed him which made it sound worse

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I remember he had a small role in The Snowman a few years back and he sounded terrible though looking back they actually dubbed him which made it sound worse

That had every ingredient to be a great film but was put together poorly so ended up being awful. 

Liking The Curse, I really like Tom Davis so that helps. Aside from one episode I didn't really watch People Just Do Nothing, but the cast of that are pretty good in the curse. Emer Kenny is the standout though I think. Will watch the last 2 episodes tonight but all in all fairly solid. 

Â