Jump to content

Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?


AVFCforever1991
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • VT Supporter
On 26/06/2021 at 21:45, theboyangel said:

Way too harsh - you haven’t had the first glimpse of Lilly Simmons 🥰

She was in the Amazon series of the Purge and played a millionaires daughter who would have regular threesomes with another couple👌 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Caught up on the first two seasons of Succession. Doesn't move too quickly, but really entertaining. Tough deciding which character is the most despicable. 

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It doesn't seem to be getting very good reviews but I've just finished watching the second series of Intelligence. I think it's just good daft comedy and really enjoyed it.  Thought this series was better than the first. 

It's obviously cheap as chips though, no idea how they managed to get David Schwimmer for it. Maybe he's the entire budget. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone watched Penguin Town on Netflix yet? 
 

The commentary is extremely cheesy, but the penguins are adorable. Apart from the car park gang, they can piss off. 
 

Yes, there’s a bunch of single, angst ridden male penguins that couldn’t find a partner. So they formed a gang and go around attacking other penguins. 
 

It’s interesting stuff, honestly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Anyone watched Penguin Town on Netflix yet? 
 

The commentary is extremely cheesy, but the penguins are adorable. Apart from the car park gang, they can piss off. 
 

Yes, there’s a bunch of single, angst ridden male penguins that couldn’t find a partner. So they formed a gang and go around attacking other penguins. 
 

It’s interesting stuff, honestly. 

Is this a documentary?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Is this a documentary?

Kind of, it’s an eight part series about the African penguins that visit Boulders Beach near Cape Town. They live amongst the people there as they wander off to nest. I say it’s ‘kind of’ a documentary because it’s been narrated into a story that follows certain characters, so it’s a dramatised documentary if you like. 
 

If you like penguins then it’s worth a watch, they’re amazing little creatures and so funny. It certainly doesn’t take any brain power to follow. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Genie said:

She was in the Amazon series of the Purge and played a millionaires daughter who would have regular threesomes with another couple👌 

I'm glad she refuses to be typecast. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, sidcow said:

It doesn't seem to be getting very good reviews but I've just finished watching the second series of Intelligence. I think it's just good daft comedy and really enjoyed it.  Thought this series was better than the first. 

It's obviously cheap as chips though, no idea how they managed to get David Schwimmer for it. Maybe he's the entire budget. 

Yeah I enjoyed it too. As you say, mostly daft comedy but there some genuinely funny moments. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
On 26/06/2021 at 21:06, Skruff said:

Turned it off after 20 minutes of metal guitar riffs coupled with flash back scenes inspired by 80s soap operas.

Was I too harsh? I keep hearing good things about Banshee.

Way too harsh. It’s brilliant. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

What channel are people watching Banshee on? Doesn't appear to be available for free on Netflix or Prime. 

Sky catchup/Now TV......or head to the high seas.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

What channel are people watching Banshee on? Doesn't appear to be available for free on Netflix or Prime. 

As said above I got it whilst onboard Pugwash's ship 😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Just acquired "The Deuce". Looks right up my street.

Same guy who did The Wire right? I've watched the first two seasons and really enjoyed it. Yet to watch the last season. Lots of scenes which will peak your interest too I'd say rjw63 😉

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Half way through Bosch season 7, it's as good as it's ever been, not a story Spoiler just a cool moment 

Spoiler

I loved the conversation with j Edgar about watching the wire 

Well played 

There's a lot of coming to the end throw back stuff that they're just about getting to work, it'll be a shame when it's done 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Half way through Bosch season 7, it's as good as it's ever been, not a story Spoiler just a cool moment 

  Hide contents

I loved the conversation with j Edgar about watching the wire 

Well played 

There's a lot of coming to the end throw back stuff that they're just about getting to work, it'll be a shame when it's done 

Yeah but there's a spin off with Bosch, his daughter and Money Chandler in it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â