Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

19 hours ago, useless said:

I watched Underground Railroad by Barry Jenkins and thought it very good, had more of a magical realism aspect to it than I was expecting.

I'm 2 episodes in and really enjoying it.

I really enjoyed the start of Clarkson's farm, but as it got towards the end, it went from novel, interesting, and semi-educational while entertaining, to Clarkson reverting to type. By the time the bellend was thrashing a Bentley around the farm I couldn't wait for it to end.

He acknowledges it as well, but the episode of him rewilding parts of them farm, and waxing lyrical about how he wants to make a haven for nature only to then install a **** electric fence to stop otters getting to his man-made lake...**** off, pal. He's a complete shithead, and if he ever does anything that isn't an act of extreme selfishness, it's because he thinks it'll make good telly.

No, I won't be watching a second series :P

Really hoping House of the Dragon isn't a massive disappointment. 

I've been watching the occasional GoT clip on YouTube and I want to go back to Westeros. 

Never watched Brooklyn 99 until a few weeks ago. I’ve not watched anything but that and football since and am now up to speed. F***ing funny. 

Started Sweet Tooth last night. Five episodes in and kind of liking it. Not mindblowingly good, but charming and interesting enough to pass the time. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Really hoping House of the Dragon isn't a massive disappointment. 

I've been watching the occasional GoT clip on YouTube and I want to go back to Westeros. 

It has a couple of things going for it, it's based on a stand alone story, so they're not reliant on grrm writing anything. Secondly, the pair of rocket polishers who ruined GoT aren't involved.

• Like 1

Finished sweet tooth in the week, it's OK, it's a solid 7/10 interesting enough to keep me watching but not good enough that if it was weekly episodes I'd have stuck with it

If they'd have gone with the violence and dark tone that the comic supposedly is I don't think it would work, the light heartedness and gus sees it through 

11 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Finished Mare of Easttown. 

Absolutely brilliant.

Just came here to write about this, watched the first three episodes and will bollock through the other four tonight.

Top stuff..and Winslet's chest has aged very nicely ;)

• Like 1

On 28/06/2021 at 17:12, sne said:

They are brave taking this one on, looks good at least.

I loved the books in this series when I read them as a teenager, though also found them quite troubling (had some nights with very vivid nightmares, as I recall). Funnily enough I can't really remember what happens in the stories now.

I'll be giving this one a watch anyway.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

Black Summer (Netflix) - 8/10  (Zombie type situation,  if someone dies of anything they become one).

My mrs picked it.  I did not think I would like it,  but...

• Really enjoyed it,  a lot more than i thought at the beginning.
  • It's filmed in a really clever way (Back and forth in time etc)
  • It's actually really funny at times and there are some proper stand out performances from the actors. 
  • I am on the last episode of season 2 and I am a bit gutted it's at the end for me for a while.
  • It has some stunning scenery as well.
  • The usual way of just killing people to get guns / food or whatever is out the window.  You can't do that so an interesting spin on it.
  • Play this as loud as possible,  it has the best surround sound and sound quality of any series i have seen so far.  (You can hear people behind you walking towards someone  who hasn't heard it yet.  Its ace)
  • It really is quite funny at times.
  • The best actor in it is a woman who doesn't speak english at all (Christine Lee).  
  • After 2 or 3 episodes on loud in the dark,  PTSD 😀
  • Give it a few episodes as it starts slow.  Dont give up.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Black Summer (Netflix) - 8/10  (Zombie type situation,  if someone dies of anything they become one).

My mrs picked it.  I did not think I would like it,  but...

• Really enjoyed it,  a lot more than i thought at the beginning.
  • It's filmed in a really clever way (Back and forth in time etc)
  • It's actually really funny at times and there are some proper stand out performances from the actors. 
  • I am on the last episode of season 2 and I am a bit gutted it's at the end for me for a while.
  • It has some stunning scenery as well.
  • The usual way of just killing people to get guns / food or whatever is out the window.  You can't do that so an interesting spin on it.
  • Play this as loud as possible,  it has the best surround sound and sound quality of any series i have seen so far.  (You can hear people behind you walking towards someone  who hasn't heard it yet.  Its ace)
  • It really is quite funny at times.
  • The best actor in it is a woman who doesn't speak english at all (Christine Lee).  
  • After 2 or 3 episodes on loud in the dark,  PTSD 😀
  • Give it a few episodes as it starts slow.  Dont give up.

That’s my motivation to finally get some surround sound in.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, theunderstudy said:

I keep going back and watching Touch of Cloth at the minute. Criminal it only got 6 episodes 

Is it about having a breakfast coffee then an hour long meeting?

Â