Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Watched Top Boy again, this time after watching the original series and it was that much better this time around. Very well done show. Looking forward to the new season, if it ever does come out. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I watched the first 2 episodes of Manifest Season 1 and I'd rate it as one of the worst shows I've ever seen :) 

I'm finding it hard to disagree with you tbh

I think i  just watched too many episodes to walk away  , i needed to know what happened  ... i should have known nothing ends after one series  and i'd get suckered  , but , even the series 3 finale  made me half want to watch a series 4 , just to get some closure 

I hate TV sometimes

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Real shame that The Chi has totally fallen off a cliff this season. Used to be rather pretty good and grim for the first 3 season but S4 is just awful. If I wanted some angsty teen drama I'd pop off to the Grealish thread.

• Haha 4

On 27/07/2021 at 13:10, tonyh29 said:

I'm finding it hard to disagree with you tbh

I think i  just watched too many episodes to walk away  , i needed to know what happened  ... i should have known nothing ends after one series  and i'd get suckered  , but , even the series 3 finale  made me half want to watch a series 4 , just to get some closure 

I hate TV sometimes

We started watching season 1 last week and I managed half a dozen episodes. It was too slow and you just knew they ending wouldnt be worth the wait.

36 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Apparently he had a heart attack, it was touch and go, but he is now in a stable condition. I imagine there will be a long break in filming while he recovers, if he even wants to continue. Best wishes, and I hope he does feel able to complete it, BCS is the best show on TV bar none.

We've been binge watching BCS over the last few weeks and just started season 5. It is indeed terrific and dare I say better than BB. 

I hope Bob Odenkirk recovers well and quickly. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

We've been binge watching BCS over the last few weeks and just started season 5. It is indeed terrific and dare I say better than BB. 

I hope Bob Odenkirk recovers well and quickly. 

As someone who watched BB as each episode was released, I knew Saul Goodman was an interesting enough character to support a spin-off. Thankfully BCS hasn’t let us down.

I obviously don’t know Bob Odenkirk personally but he seems like a really decent bloke to me. Let’s hope for his full and speedy recovery.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Watched all ten episodes of Ted Lasso over two nights.

You lot on here said it was good, you were wrong.

It's **** great!

Watched it in one sitting earlier this week and felt like starting all over again. Faptastic, very funny and warm, very warming.

21 hours ago, brommy said:

I obviously don’t know Bob Odenkirk personally but he seems like a really decent bloke to me. Let’s hope for his full and speedy recovery.

I recommend listening to his appearance on Conan O’Brien’s podcast. It’s just a really funny, genuinely warm conversation between old mates, and it would certainly reinforce your impression of him being a nice guy. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Finally got round to starting Narcos, season1 done, pretty good especially the guy who plays Pablo Escobar, absolutely owns the screen.

Finished season 1 this weekend and totally agree. That guy playing Escobar is brilliant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Finally got round to starting Narcos, season1 done, pretty good especially the guy who plays Pablo Escobar, absolutely owns the screen.

Narcos:Mexico is brilliant as well once you done with this one.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Narcos:Mexico is brilliant as well once you done with this one.

Mexico is underrated imo, it doesn't have the I shouldn't laugh at this but I will madness of escobar, you don't bore your wife with stories about him spending £2k a month on elastic bands but its still great in its own right

• Like 3

Defending Jacob, I think it's on Apple but I'm watching it through other ways. I'm on episode 5 as I type this, it's engrossing and class, not sure what is the truth at the moment. 

Chris Evans a good actor, far more than his Marvel stint. Whoever plays his wife is a step up again, the emotions she delivers is ridiculous. She looks a bit like Lori from Walking Dead but I don't want to Google and risk spoilers. 

Defending Jacob, a good steady paced drama. 

• Like 1

Grinding through the 4th and final season of Good Girls. To be fair it's better than season three by some way.

The scene where Hendricks strips down to just her black socks in front of Rio (to prove she wasn't wearing a wire, partially) was hugely erotic considering you don't actually see anything.

Â