Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Skruff said:

Turned it off after 20 minutes of metal guitar riffs coupled with flash back scenes inspired by 80s soap operas.

Was I too harsh? I keep hearing good things about Banshee.

Yes

Give it a couple of episodes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Me and the Mrs watched a 3 part prison series on I Player called "Time". 

It stars Sean Bean and Stephen Graham. It's really quite moving at times and we were both in tears at certain bits. I think it affected us more because a large amount of it was filmed in Shrewsbury prison and we'd been there a week earlier for a self-guided tour. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is that a euphemism for a night in the cells? :P

Thankfully not, haha.

The closest I've come to a night behind bars was walking home from a night on the town, passing an Indian restaurant and seeing a giant sack of onions. It seemed like a good idea to take them home with me and make a huge amount of onion soup. I got about 200 yards carrying them and then realised I was being a bellend and brought them back. Or maybe I realised there was absolutely no way I could carry about 20kg of onions on my back for 2 miles. 

• Haha 2

Finished OJ with the wife 

I found myself feeling far more sympathetic to Marcia 2nd time round, also think whilst the show does a good job of capturing most of the madness since I've watched the documentary on ESPN I think they could have gone further 

Spoiler

JCs line about Hitler is in but not in the exact same 1936 Germany had a choice you have the same choice today

Also the I just want to go home element of the jury is stronger in the documentary 

Its brilliant TV 

Whizzed through Bosch in two nights.

Top quality as usual. Looking forward to the spin off.

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Whizzed through Bosch in two nights.

Top quality as usual. Looking forward to the spin off.

Have you read the books? 

I've read the Lincoln lawyer and it's follow up about 10 years ago and thought his writing style was good, the wife loves bosch (so much that she's apprehensive about starting it because she knows it's the end) tempted to get her started on them but they're 30 years old now 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Have you read the books? 

I've read the Lincoln lawyer and it's follow up about 10 years ago and thought his writing style was good, the wife loves bosch (so much that she's apprehensive about starting it because she knows it's the end) tempted to get her started on them but they're 30 years old now 

No. haven't done the books. I'm not a huge reader, one or two books per year usually.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Have you read the books? 

I read the bulk of what he had done by the mid 2000's - nothing since. They were excellent though - The Bosch novels were the bulk of what he had done to that point but there were other books as well. 

Blood Work was a good book - made into a film by Clint Eastwood about 20 years ago. 

Edited by Xela
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

The latest season of Unforgotten is now on Britbox. 2 episodes in, and excellent as always. 

What series are they up to? I think I saw 2 a few years ago or maybe it was just the one. It's not quite as classy as some of the BBC stuff but the premise was good and I liked the actors.

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Have you read the books? 

The books are great but haven’t seen the tv adaptation yet.

Michael Connelly writes some great yarns which are nice and easy page turners.

his standalone books (the poet, blood works and the scarecrow etc) are good too. 

I’ve just got my father in law into reading them after he finished the Lee Child and Jo Nesbo bibliographies! He hadn’t read a book in anger since school prior to lockdown but now reads most days. 

17 hours ago, Wezbid said:

So is Lincoln Lawyer linked to Bosch or just the same writer? I've been meaning to smash Bosch for a good while. 

Spoiler

The book later reveal they have the same father 😮 

There are several crossovers in the novels where they crop up in each other’s storylines. Clever stuff by Connelly. 

17 hours ago, Wezbid said:

What series are they up to? I think I saw 2 a few years ago or maybe it was just the one. It's not quite as classy as some of the BBC stuff but the premise was good and I liked the actors.

The latest is the 4th season. Its something that has improved season by season IMO

Â