Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Just seen bosch season 7 is available

I was late to the party but its been my favourite thing I've watched this year 

I hadn't even seen that season 6 was out. Result! 

I really wanted to like Ted Lasso. I liked the original NBC promo bits. I like the concept. But the show itself is disjointed and poorly executed. The writing is good in spots, but lacking in imagination in others, IMO. They try to make it check too many boxes instead of focusing on the funny. Missed opportunity. 

Going a bit old school with this one, but a few days ago I started watching Barney Miller. On 3rd season already and love it. Think its hilarious.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Salad said:

Going a bit old school with this one, but a few days ago I started watching Barney Miller. On 3rd season already and love it. Think its hilarious.

I'm old enough to remember when it was on UK TV originally

• Like 1

Finished Clarksons farm 7/10 worth a watch 

Half way through OJ true crime or whatever its called, I've seen it before, it's very good even if the performances are a mixture between top notch and hammy as ****, the wife's not seen it, or even heard of OJ, can't remember any of it which i find weird

Started sweet tooth, 3 episodes in and still not sure what to make of it, the kid smashes it out of the park and is very watchable, I think tonally it's a success even if on the surface of it it's a bit weird and also a bit of nothing... Not a great deal happens, it's not packing story in or even that much dialogue, it's more interesting than what it should be 

On 23/06/2021 at 21:53, maqroll said:

I really wanted to like Ted Lasso. I liked the original NBC promo bits. I like the concept. But the show itself is disjointed and poorly executed. The writing is good in spots, but lacking in imagination in others, IMO. They try to make it check too many boxes instead of focusing on the funny. Missed opportunity. 

Wrong thread. You’re looking for ‘unpopular opinions’ down the hall to the right. 

Ted Lasso was pure joy and the most likeable thing on television. This is objectively true and will not be subject to debate on VT, if I so have to physically wrestle limpid for supreme control. 

• Like 4

On 23/06/2021 at 20:53, maqroll said:

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

Wrong thread. You’re looking for ‘unpopular opinions’ down the hall to the right. 

Ted Lasso was pure joy and the most likeable thing on television. This is objectively true and will not be subject to debate on VT, if I so have to physically wrestle limpid for supreme control. 

Also the club owner had a large chest which was the cherry on top.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Finished Clarksons farm 7/10 worth a watch

Finished it last night too and really enjoyed it. The other people in it do really hold it together nicely - Kaleb and Gerald in particular are a nice change of pace from Clarkson. It was definitely a bit forced at times and you could see the Top Gear influences coming through every so often. I actually learned stuff about farming that I never knew about so that part was genuinely interesting. 

• Like 1

Just finished Invincible and after not being very into it at first it really got good in the end. Looking forward to next season 

Also finished watching Sweet Tooth which was alright and I did enjoy it but apparently the comic is really dark and violent which is what I would have liked the show to be

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Yes, watch something else and don’t waste your time 😂

have you done Banshee and/or Warrior? 

Neither but will thanks 👍

Blindspot that bad? I assumed it was something like Momento in series form which I enjoyed

40 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Blindspot that bad? I assumed it was something like Momento in series form which I enjoyed

It started ok but then plodded along without anything happening. Gave up during S2.

With your love of Scott Adkins, Banshee will be right up your alley! It’s brilliant and know a lot on here would agree. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

It started ok but then plodded along without anything happening. Gave up during S2.

With your love of Scott Adkins, Banshee will be right up your alley! It’s brilliant and know a lot on here would agree. 

Totally bonkers but I love it, and lots of naked Lilli Simmons is not to be missed

• Like 2

On 20/06/2021 at 23:05, snowychap said:

It is utterly superb.

Peter Vaughan was brilliant in it.

Edit: Strong, McKee, Craig, Ecclestone, &c. obviously terrific.

Just been rewatching this with my kids.Just on the bit where they try to uncover police corruption in the Met in 1970 but aren’t able to do anything about it,seems very relevant today.

Must say Daniel Craigs geordie accent is atrociously cliched but otherwise acting is really good.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Agree with the others pal, get on Banshee ASAP, brilliantly entertaining and mad, really mad.

Lili Simmons Rebecca GIF by Cinemax

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

Another one for Banshee here. It’s brilliant. 

Turned it off after 20 minutes of metal guitar riffs coupled with flash back scenes inspired by 80s soap operas.

Was I too harsh? I keep hearing good things about Banshee.

37 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Turned it off after 20 minutes of metal guitar riffs coupled with flash back scenes inspired by 80s soap operas.

Was I too harsh? I keep hearing good things about Banshee.

Way too harsh - you haven’t had the first glimpse of Lilly Simmons 🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â