Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

Thought Lovecraft County was pretty dull until the last half hour or so. Probably give it a few  more episodes before I decide give in with it or carry on watching 

Just watched the first episode, I thought it seemed OK, but got the feeling towards the end that it could very easily turn into another Supernatural.

On 17/08/2020 at 11:21, sne said:

Yeah that one was pretty good, trippy. 

I really like the Carpenter/Clive Barker inspired low budget horror flick The Void that has a very Lovecraftian vibe to it. It doesn't have a high rating on IMDB but it's very much my type of thing.

As for Lovecraft Country, if you watched HBO's Watchmen series last year this will be a very familiar experience.

giphy.gif

I’m sold! 

4 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

giphy.gif

I’m sold! 

:D 

The actual shows are not really too similar, but in tone they look and feel the same on the surface and it's frankly all a bit too familiar. I have a bad feeling about this show tbh but early days.

• Like 1

Still not sure on Lovecraft Country. The acting is fine but the pacing is all over the place and the cutting is not great. All feels a bit rushed.

Not read the novel but apparently it's only about 400 pages long and considering it already feels rushed it will be interesting to see how they squeezed 10 episodes out of it and I'm guessing a season 2.

It doesn't feel or look like a flagship HBO series made by Jordan Peele, although you can certainly see that it's made by Jordan Peele.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Still not sure on Lovecraft Country. The acting is fine but the pacing is all over the place and the cutting is not great. All feels a bit rushed.

Not read the novel but apparently it's only about 400 pages long and considering it already feels rushed it will be interesting to see how they squeezed 10 episodes out of it and I'm guessing a season 2.

It doesn't feel or look like a flagship HBO series made by Jordan Peele, although you can certainly see that it's made by Jordan Peele.

Just watched ep1, thought it was all over the place, very average, was going to quit and then found the last 20 entertaining and fun. 

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just watched ep1, thought it was all over the place, very average, was going to quit and then found the last 20 entertaining and fun. 

Ep 1 was a fair bit better than ep 2 sadly. But I guess it can always get better again. It should be better considering the people involved.

• Thanks 1

Did I miss the chat about The Plot Against America" or has it not been mentioned?

Only 6 episodes, it's very on the nose and clearly more about Trump than the story it is telling (an adaptation of the Philip Roth book). 

Very much left me wanting more but I'm hoping for another series at some point.

6 minutes ago, choffer said:

Did I miss the chat about The Plot Against America" or has it not been mentioned?

Only 6 episodes, it's very on the nose and clearly more about Trump than the story it is telling (an adaptation of the Philip Roth book). 

Very much left me wanting more but I'm hoping for another series at some point.

I watched it and thought it was very well scripted and acted but it lacked something for me to make it a great series. 

15 hours ago, sne said:

Ep 1 was a fair bit better than ep 2 sadly. But I guess it can always get better again. It should be better considering the people involved.

I struggled to get through Ep2, just seems like its trying to be Supernatural/Buffy/Sabrina/Heroes. The show is piggy backing on Lovecraft, as theres nothing Gothic or Macabre about it!. It doesn't feel like its going to get anywhere near as good as Watchmen, which I loved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

This looks frankly a bit unsettling, Brendan Gleeson nailing (giggity) his Trump impersonation. Not read the book it's based on.

Donald Trump played by a Villa fan.  Don't think I like it.

35 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Halfway through White Lines on Netflix and despite disliking and having no empathy towards the main female character or her deceased brother I’m quite enjoying it. 

yep, shes a shit whinge bag with an accent so wonky even the peaky blinders casting director would question it, the brother is a massive dick and ibeefa does absolutely nothing for me

and yet I found it very watchable and enjoyed it, would happily watch season 2

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yep, shes a shit whinge bag with an accent so wonky even the peaky blinders casting director would question it, the brother is a massive dick and ibeefa does absolutely nothing for me

and yet I found it very watchable and enjoyed it, would happily watch season 2

I thought it was pretty decent too. Season 2 has been cancelled though.

Â