Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well I've obviously never met him, but I've listened to a lot of Gervais podcasts and radio shows and stand up and interviews and he never comes across as being like Brent. His mannerisms and appearance is, obviously. But his actual character is nothing like Brent

I’ve tried to find it now but can’t 😞 

I agree he doesn’t act like him much, nowadays at least, but I always remember NG making that comment. Maybe RG was in character for the recording.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I've only seen bits.  By bits, I mean certain Lili Simmons scenes.

I could happily stroke off watching her do the dishes or vacuuming the carpet

I enjoyed the first couple of episodes of Lovecraft Country!

It does have the potential to go a bit Pete Tong, but good stuff so far. 

Edited by wazzap24

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Started Banshee. Couple of episodes in.

It's meh so far. Apart form a lot of sex I'm not sure what it's really about so far.

It's meant to be really good right?

Its braindead brilliance. Pure escapism. I loved it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Is she sticking that where I think she is?! 

c386dccc54466d7dbce80ec2bfd002a432da3064

Also, on the same theme she’s in the first series of the Purge TV version and plays a rich girl who has several threesomes with another couple. 

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Started Banshee. Couple of episodes in.

It's meh so far. Apart form a lot of sex I'm not sure what it's really about so far.

It's meant to be really good right?

I gave up after a season. Might have even been 2 seasons. Not worth remembering to be fair.

edit: I’m being too  harsh, I actually remember it quite well. Just can’t remember where I got to!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I gave up after a season. Might have even been 2 seasons. Not worth remembering to be fair.

ConcernedWarmAntbear-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

Anybody watched DIane Morgan's Mandy on BBC iPlayer? Superbly hilarious stuff with many a cameo. Sean Ryder's in EP 3 is just superb

It is I watched them all by the old fashioned means of turning the telly on on Thursday nights. They got better as they went on, too. I reckon half of the 6 were proper excellent, and the others good. Good choice of background music too in a lot of them. Eat Yourself Fitter! etc.

• Like 1

On 26/08/2020 at 20:07, wazzap24 said:

Jack Whitehall

Talking of him, his telly programme on BBC1 Jack Whitehall's sporting nation has been good. Usually I find him annoying, but it was well written and he's suited to presenting it. A good mix of sports nostalgia and a wry take on it.

• Like 1

I can highly recommend Kingdom on Netflix ( The Frank Grillo one). Up there with the Wire for me.

Fantastic series, Shame it ended after 3 seasons because nobody watched it first time around. Getting a lot of love on Netflix though and there’s talk of another season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

I can highly recommend Kingdom on Netflix ( The Frank Grillo one). Up there with the Wire for me.

Fantastic series, Shame it ended after 3 seasons because nobody watched it first time around. Getting a lot of love on Netflix though and there’s talk of another season. 

On my list of to do - good to hear it’s decent

Â