Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I started watching Killing Eve last night.

I found the first twenty minutes or so really jarring, with the 'quirky' humour feeling incredibly forced and some of the dialogue really cliched.

Then it seemed to settle down a bit, the humour took a backseat and I started to get into it more. By the second episode it had improved more and the story had started to unfold nicely so I'll probably stick with it.

Just watched an interesting profile on BBC four of Hedy Lamarr. Covering all sorts, avoiding Nazis, erratic Hollywood career & equally erratic private life along with her involvement in inventing technology which would later be used for wi-fi and GPS.

More than just a punchline in “Blazing Saddles”.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Just watched an interesting profile on BBC four of Hedy Lamarr. Covering all sorts, avoiding Nazis, erratic Hollywood career & equally erratic private life along with her involvement in inventing technology which would later be used for wi-fi and GPS.

More than just a punchline in “Blazing Saddles”.

Recorded it as I was watching Michael Palin in North Korea , I knew about the Wi-fi thing already  but not the rest of it so sounds like a good show 

9 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Recorded it as I was watching Michael Palin in North Korea , I knew about the Wi-fi thing already  but not the rest of it so sounds like a good show 

Yeah I’d read years ago that she was involved in inventing stuff on the side and that it was much more significant than her acting career. 

But i’d either forgotten or I didn’t appreciate the extent of what she’d come up with or who she collaborated with (you’ll see for yourself, that in itself is curious enough). 

Very interesting character.

On 25/09/2018 at 13:03, Designer1 said:

I started watching Killing Eve last night.

I found the first twenty minutes or so really jarring, with the 'quirky' humour feeling incredibly forced and some of the dialogue really cliched.

Then it seemed to settle down a bit, the humour took a backseat and I started to get into it more. By the second episode it had improved more and the story had started to unfold nicely so I'll probably stick with it.

I had the exact same thoughts. When Eve has a meeting with her bosses in the first 5-10 minutes initially and is making sly comments under her breath it really didn't work at all.

I'm on episode 4 or 5 now I think. There are some parts that are genuinely quite funny, it's alright, nothing spectacular, very watchable. 

On 17/09/2018 at 08:27, Stevo985 said:

Started "The Affair". 

4 episodes in (I think). Seems excellent so far.

The different perspective thing is brilliant.

Yeah, it's very clever.

Little things like whenever Alison see's Helen she's very smart, well dressed and looks very posh.

But whenever Helen sees herself, her clothes are always baggier because it's human to have self doubt about your weight etc.

Little things like that are pretty cool, not seen it in a TV series before. 

38 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah, it's very clever.

Little things like whenever Alison see's Helen she's very smart, well dressed and looks very posh.

But whenever Helen sees herself, her clothes are always baggier because it's human to have self doubt about your weight etc.

Little things like that are pretty cool, not seen it in a TV series before. 

Just finished the first season and it’s great. 

The differences in perspectives have got bigger and bigger and it’s  become clear why that’s happened. 

It’s very very clever

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Just finished the first season and it’s great. 

The differences in perspectives have got bigger and bigger and it’s  become clear why that’s happened. 

It’s very very clever

Will be curious to see what you make of the more recent series... 

2 hours ago, hogso said:

Will be curious to see what you make of the more recent series... 

Won't take long. 2 episodes into season 2 already.

Unfortunately I know one big spoiler from the most recent season. But it hasn't spoiled my enjoyment of the show so far.

• Like 1

i'm rewatching old bake off episodes on netflix, love it

also started watching anthony bourdain parts unknown, not blown away by it if im honest, cherry picking the cities that interest me rather than just working my way through it, will watch more but i prefer rick stein's travel cooking shows 

Really loved the most recent episode of Better Call Saul. Can't believe it's up to the season finale already.

Enjoyed the first episode of the new season of South Park.

Edited by Hornso

BCS has been a touch up and down for me this season. Some excellent episodes but a few that surprisingly didn't grab me like the show normally does.

The penultimate episode was good but the couple before that not so much.

Â