Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm doing a re - binge of "Breaking Bad ". I forgot just how good this show was, at times it borders on perfection. The chemistry between Walt and Jessie is some of the best acting you'll see, imo. And Giancarlo Espinoza as Gus Fring is just simply outstanding. All the best shows know when to end and this was no exception. It's certainly in my top 5, along with Sopranos, Deadwood, Narcos, and I'm only on the second season of Gomorrah but it's looking like it's definitely got that potential of those I've just named.

Its a very good point. Nothing worse than a show dragging on for far too long. 4 or 5 seasons, thats all most shows need. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

How do you get them? 

Kodi have an option for them but they rarely work 

If ye perchance should happen upon a file of a movie as you sail the high seas, you can enter the filename of said movie into a search engine and also type .srt and search, and ye shall often encounter a file that can service your needs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I love westerns, but I tried Deadwood and instantly hated it. The swearing was so jarring, apart from anything else. 

The swearing is to replicate the language of the time. Cowboys and frontiersmen swore, but they swore with the standards of the day, stuff like 'tarnation', which to a modern audience just sounds quaint, but was not polite speech then. So the writers have the characters swear to give a feel of the kind of tone they would have had.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

Countdown & 8 out out of 10 cats countdown are great programs .....I really enjoy Rachel working hard on those numbers 👀💦 ......to be fair Susie dent would get the reload 😜....... twice ......on a Sunday 

Not being sexist and all that trollop. But Rachel Riley generally looks proper hot in that program.

Anyway, I came on here to say how poor that "Trigger point" program is. So unattached from reality it's unreal, I guess bomb squads would not tell them how it really works. Got the woke aspect to aswell of course.

Watching a Dutch drama called Swingers (Shhwiingersh in dutch). It was OK but don't make the mistake of thinking it was full of naughty stuff...there was virtually no bonking, no lezzing it up and only the very occasional view of one of the character's hooters, lovely as she is. 

4/10.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Watching a Dutch drama called Swingers (Shhwiingersh in dutch). It was OK but don't make the mistake of thinking it was full of naughty stuff...there was virtually no bonking, no lezzing it up and only the very occasional view of one of the character's hooters, lovely as she is. 

4/10.

I had this on the short list the other day on all4 but opted for Cry Wolf (ulven kommer) instead, a Danish 8 parter about a 15 year old girl who accuses her step father of abuse of herself and her younger step brother. A bit like the Mads Mikkelsen Movie The Hunt. Stars great Dane Bjarne Henriksen. I'm half way through and it's good, recommended. The performance of the girl is very good.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

It was OK but don't make the mistake of thinking it was full of naughty stuff...there was virtually no bonking, no lezzing it up 

ok-sad.gif

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, jim said:

Anybody watched Severance? The trailer has piqued my interest and looks weird as ****.

Oh, this is a TV show? I saw this name being promoted on social media earlier, thought it was weird Amazon would be paying to advertise adding a 15-year-old Danny Dyer comedy horror movie to the platform :crylaugh:

• Like 1

On 18/02/2022 at 23:56, Meath_Villan said:

Countdown & 8 out out of 10 cats countdown are great programs .....I really enjoy Rachel working hard on those numbers 👀💦 ......to be fair Susie dent would get the reload 😜....... twice ......on a Sunday 

I've got a thing for Anne-Marie Imafidon as well

• Like 1

On 14/02/2022 at 16:02, Wainy316 said:

It's brilliant tripe!

I’m stuck in a Pam and Tommy wormhole. Turned it on about three hours ago I’m still watching it. I have tried to turn it off but I can’t. Fixating brilliant tripe agreed

22 hours ago, jim said:

Anybody watched Severance? The trailer has piqued my interest and looks weird as ****.

Yes I've watched the 1st 2 episodes and it really is weird as **** but I think it's pretty dam good and interesting so far

Just been for a mooch on page one of this thread. 

Lots of recommendations ten years ago that still get mentioned now.

Edit: make that 12 years. 

Edited by rjw63

22 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Oh, this is a TV show? I saw this name being promoted on social media earlier, thought it was weird Amazon would be paying to advertise adding a 15-year-old Danny Dyer comedy horror movie to the platform :crylaugh:

Classic Danny Dyer in that film

• Like 1

Â