Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

How bad is this amazon Lord of the Rings show going to be!! 

It was accepted that they would tick every diversity box possible. That's just the way things are now in Hollywood. The show was always going to need to comply with that.

What was expected - but everyone was hoping wouldn't happen - is the rewriting of characters. Galadriel needs to be a warrior princess who leads armies. Instead of a mega powerful sorceress. 

It's now just, we've got the loose story of the 2nd age. We'll rewrite the characters now so it fits the "message" which dominates everything produced from Hollywood right now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

How bad is this amazon Lord of the Rings show going to be!! 

It was accepted that they would tick every diversity box possible. That's just the way things are now in Hollywood. The show was always going to need to comply with that.

What was expected - but everyone was hoping wouldn't happen - is the rewriting of characters. Galadriel needs to be a warrior princess who leads armies. Instead of a mega powerful sorceress. 

It's now just, we've got the loose story of the 2nd age. We'll rewrite the characters now so it fits the "message" which dominates everything produced from Hollywood right now.

Amazon absolutely butchered Wheel of Time in every way shape and form. Think LoTR is going to be better and it looks much better from the promo pictures.

But I still expect them to add in modern stuff and make it in the same mold that everything is made these days. Hopefully they've put the A-Team and this show because the people working on Wheel of Time are competition winners.

Edited by sne
typo

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Amazon absolutely butchered Wheel of Time in every way shape and form. Think LoTR is going to be better and it looks much better from the promo pictures.

But I still expect them to add in modern stuff and make it in the same mold that everything is made these days. Hopefully they've put the A-Team and this show because they people working on Wheel of Time are competition winners.

Yeah it's going to be generic modern content 2375. It's all the same churned out stuff. For consumption now, but has no lasting artistic value. 

Wheel of Time is the exact same, just content for consumption. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I used to like watching her.

I always wondered if her (J)anus looked like a balloon knot.

I'm now pondering the very same. 

• Haha 1

Hope it's better than the animated series because I gave that up after 1 episode.

‘Blade Runner 2099’ Live-Action Sequel Series From Ridley Scott, Silka Luisa & Alcon In Works At Amazon Studios

EXCLUSIVE: The replicants are heading to the small-screen as Amazon Studios has put a live-action series set in the Blade Runner universe into development.

Ridley Scott, who directed the original 1982 Blade Runner movie, is executive producing the series, Blade Runner 2099, a follow-up to the feature film sequel Blade Runner 2049, which was released in 2017 and directed by Denis Villeneuve.

Silka Luisa, showrunner of Apple TV+’s upcoming Elisabeth Moss-fronted drama series Shining Girls, is writing and exec producing Blade Runner 2099, which comes from Alcon Entertainment in association with Scott Free Productions and Amazon Studios.

The project, which would mark the first Blade Runner live-action series, is in priority development at Amazon Studios, which is fast tracking scripts and eyeing potential production dates. Staffing is currently underway for writers to join a room. Scott may direct if the series moves forward, sources said.

https://deadline.com/2022/02/blade-runner-2099-sequel-series-ridley-scott-amazon-1234931521/

15 hours ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

I may be behind the times but watched the pilot episode of Euphoria last night. Man there was a lot going on!

Nudity, violence, anal sex, drugs, profanity, regular sex, teenagers communicating in a language I barely recognise as English...it made me feel completely past it (and a little nostalgic).

I kind of enjoyed, kind of stressed me out. Does it calm down a bit?

Am up to s1 ep4 and that Rue character is already getting on my nerves 

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

Well that looked absolutely terrible and not like it belonged in a Tolkien universe :D 

Edit: Or it looked like it fit into the Hobbit universe but not in the LOTR universe.

Edited by sne

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

If you want to start your week on a downer, last night's Louis Theroux doc will be right up your street.

The rise of totally not white nationalist online youth movements.

It's **** grim.

Indeed. I was thinking of mentioning it in the racism thread. Depressing stuff. 

"America was doing just fine as a white nation before immigrants came in". This, coming from their cult leader, who's from a Catholic family called Fuentes. Er... hello? 

He lives with his mum, natch. 

Edited by mjmooney

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Indeed. I was thinking of mentioning it in the racism thread. Depressing stuff. 

"America was doing just fine as a white nation before immigrants came in". This, coming from their cult leader, who's from a Catholic family called Fuentes. Er... hello? 

He lives with his mum, natch. 

Of course he lives with his mum. 

16 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Pam and Tommy.........genuinely don't know if it's brilliant or tripe.

I am surprised it's in Disney though.

Brilliant for me, remember at the time being desperate to get a hold of the video . Uber babe of the 90's

Edited by Follyfoot

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

There's something off with that LoTR series trailer. 

I'm not keen.

Paraphrasing from a post I read in another forum but it kinda looks like if they don't intend to tell Tolkiens story but rather bought the rights to tell their own story set in the Tolkien universe.

Obviously it's impossible to tell from such a short clip but I agree that it seems off some how.

Edit: Apparently there is some sort of organized protest happening where tons people are posting versions of a Tolkien quote going something like “Evil cannot create anything new, it can only spoil and destroy what good forces have invented or created" in the comment section for the trailer :D 

Edited by sne

Â