Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Very late to the Archer party but enjoying it very much. Right up my street. The best thing about being late to it is all the seasons you get to binge through :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Very late to the Archer party but enjoying it very much. Right up my street. The best thing about being late to it is all the seasons you get to binge through :D

Archer is brilliant. It gets a little less so and somewhat repetitive around season 8 but definitely still worth watching. 

Not watched season 3 of After Life yet but I will get to it at some point. I do like After Life but what kinda makes me not like it a little bit is the way Ricky Gervais' fanboys go on about it on Twitter like it is the best comedy/show ever created! It is average at best. I have said before on here that it is no where near as good as The Office or Extras

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bizzzle said:

Not watched season 3 of After Life yet but I will get to it at some point. I do like After Life but what kinda makes me not like it a little bit is the way Ricky Gervais' fanboys go on about it on Twitter like it is the best comedy/show ever created! It is average at best. I have said before on here that it is no where near as good as The Office or Extras

I know what you mean. I mean, who even cares what this guy thinks?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

I liked After Life S1 & 2 (yet to watch S3), but the amount of guff on Twitter this morning with people jizzing themselves over it seems to be a bit OTT.

Very much so, it’s watchable at best and other times totally unwatchable

4 hours ago, bielesibub said:

In my covid state, have just managed to watch ep1 of Archive 81 on Netflix, I think it seems alright. Should I carry on? will the grand reveal after how ever many hours be a real let down?

I'm three episodes in as of last night.  Seriously creepy, I like it so far and quite intrigued to see where it goes.

On 17/01/2022 at 13:57, Bizzzle said:

I disagree, i thought the first two series’ were as close to immaculate television as I’ve seen, and I’m not a Gervais fanboy.

Absolute perfect blend of tears and laughter, incredibly poignant and hilarious.

Just finished series 3 and I’m not sure it added as much as I hoped it would to the overall story, still well done but not as impactful IMO.

On 17/01/2022 at 07:10, alreadyexists said:

Anyone watched Midnight Mass on Netflix? It’s bloody brilliant, and absolutely terrifying! If you do watch, don’t google it or get any spoils as it’s all about the tension building.

I thought it was decent until about midway through, then it all got a bit shite,  sorry.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I thought it was decent until about midway through, then it all got a bit shite,  sorry.

I thought it was good but got lost up its own ass during long dialogues and they seemed to happen about 3 times an episode, it was way too thick in places 

IGN gave it tv show of the year I think, it wasn't that good

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You don’t have to be sorry dude! FWIW I agree, the second half of the show was weaker. Still thought it was great though.

@villa4europe I liked the longer dialogues, it felt odd because you don’t get that in tv much. Everything these days has to be short and punchy and distilled down, so I liked it because it felt more real… people don’t really talk like that, but it felt less ‘edited’

I really liked the show but not sure it was the best tv show of the year. It’s up there imo though

Edited by alreadyexists

6 or 7 episodes into season 1 of Justified. I like it. I like the characters, however, i'm not hooked yet. Something just not clicking. I'll stick with it. 

I preferred the Bosch style - one main story/case throughout a whole season as opposed to new self contained stories every week (yes, there is a background story arc as well)

Rewatched Chernobyl over the last few days (why not make the most depressing week of the year more depressing?).

It's still an astounding piece of work.

On a rewatch the scene that really stood out was the burial. Obviously there's the emotion there inherent in the event, but theres more to it. There's deep horror in it. This event has not only killed these men. It has removed them from their humanity, entirely. They cannot be laid to rest as any other person. They cannot be interred in sacred ground. They cannot return to the earth. They are forever excluded from the normal way of things.

Chernobyl made them, even in death, pariah from the world. And there's something deeply unsettling about that.

• Like 3

On 17/01/2022 at 20:18, Phil Silvers said:

Completed After Life, decent. The best thing about it is Kath.

See the source image

Her outfit when she goes to laughing yoga made me sit up and take notice 

as for the show , it’s more Gervais comedy by numbers , don’t get me wrong  I enjoyed Afterlife but he’s recycling the same comedy more times than  Marge Simpsons Chanel suit…

• Like 1

On 17/01/2022 at 20:18, Phil Silvers said:

Completed After Life, decent. The best thing about it is Kath.

See the source image

In a "great character" way or a "I wanna dhutwu" way? 

Started Dopesick on Disney last night, Katheryn Winnick good as always, very entertaining from the get go, 20 minutes in and I'm thinking this is nothing like I was expecting. Must be showing the effects on crime to kick it off. Turns out I'm watching Big Sky, pressed the wrong show, ha. Anyway, watched episode 1 of Big Sky, very entertaining. Any knowledge, carry on or ditch it?

Watched ep1 Dopesick this morning 😒, very good start, will blast through this in no time.

Â