Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Just imagine Fairbrass as his assistant, snorting lines of gear in the Tardis then avin' it with those muggy Darlek caants then shifting some moody jimmy hills to the Cybermen, reckon you might watch that?

Got to be honest, I love a good geezer film....ever since I saw lock stock & two smokin barrels. 

I know it doesn't take the acting ability of a Larry Olivier to shout "you caaan' !" or give some slaaag a slap but, like the wiseguy films starring De Niro, Pesci, Pacino et al, I just think they're pure entertainment,  even if the likes of Craig Fairbrass or Frank Harper couldn't lace those americans' shoes for ability.

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Watched the 1st 2 episodes of Peacemaker the spin off to the new Suicide Squad and thought it was **** brilliant and I didn't really rate the new Suicide Squad that much

is it weekly?

its on the list but i want to binge it at the end

18 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Watched the 1st 2 episodes of Peacemaker the spin off to the new Suicide Squad and thought it was **** brilliant and I didn't really rate the new Suicide Squad that much

DL this last night and watched till after the opening title sequence, ha wtaf😭

I like Cena, very good sense of humour, I'm thinking this is going to be a barrel of laughs. Don't mind that and hope there's a bit more to it on top of that.

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

is it weekly?

I saw s01e02/3 available from my DL.list so presumably it's all available now.

Edit.

Ah,.just checked IMDb, looks like 3 eps now then weekly after that.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Finished the new Dexter.

It was really good but...not the ending I'd have wanted.

Spoiler

to be honest i preferred that ending to them having him get away and stringing it out for another few seasons

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Got to be honest, I love a good geezer film....ever since I saw lock stock & two smokin barrels. 

I know it doesn't take the acting ability of a Larry Olivier to shout "you caaan' !" or give some slaaag a slap but, like the wiseguy films starring De Niro, Pesci, Pacino et al, I just think they're pure entertainment,  even if the likes of Craig Fairbrass or Frank Harper couldn't lace those americans' shoes for ability.

Keep an eye out in the film section, I review quite a few of these type of films on a regular basis. Nobody ever seems to comment on them but will be glad if my efforts were of use to at least one member 👍🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

is it weekly?

It is weekly yes but they have released the 1st 3 episodes already 

Edit: just seen you'd already figured that out for yourself lol

Edited by Bizzzle

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Ozark is probably the best show I've ever watched.

Just 10/10 stuff episode after episode.

How long does it take to get properly into its stride? I find it really hard to take to Jason Bateman playing Jason Bateman in everything, so that plus the general narrative that it was trying to piggyback off the success of Breaking Bad made me steer clear. I did watch 2 episodes but figured it wasn't worth it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

How long does it take to get properly into its stride? I find it really hard to take to Jason Bateman playing Jason Bateman in everything, so that plus the general narrative that it was trying to piggyback off the success of Breaking Bad made me steer clear. I did watch 2 episodes but figured it wasn't worth it.

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

Hide contents

to be honest i preferred that ending to them having him get away and stringing it out for another few seasons

Yeah me too, all good except

Spoiler

No need to have the kid to shoot him when the cop could’ve done it. Not that I’m going to have sleepless nights about Harrison not having a life in Iron Lake.

Playing The National for the end credits was great.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Keep an eye out in the film section, I review quite a few of these type of films on a regular basis. Nobody ever seems to comment on them but will be glad if my efforts were of use to at least one member 👍🤣

If only Barry Norman did his film reviews in the same geezer-flick style. Keep up the fine work. 👌

• Thanks 1

Â