Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Got to be honest, I love a good geezer film....ever since I saw lock stock & two smokin barrels. 

I know it doesn't take the acting ability of a Larry Olivier to shout "you caaan' !" or give some slaaag a slap but, like the wiseguy films starring De Niro, Pesci, Pacino et al, I just think they're pure entertainment,  even if the likes of Craig Fairbrass or Frank Harper couldn't lace those americans' shoes for ability.

I agree. Films/TV shows are about entertainment, and that can take many forms! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, choffer said:

And it's beautiful. Watched the whole thing during my "lunch break" today. 

A 3 hour lunch break! Do you work in the public sector?! ;) 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Got to be honest, I love a good geezer film....ever since I saw lock stock & two smokin barrels. 

I know it doesn't take the acting ability of a Larry Olivier to shout "you caaan' !" or give some slaaag a slap but, like the wiseguy films starring De Niro, Pesci, Pacino et al, I just think they're pure entertainment,  even if the likes of Craig Fairbrass or Frank Harper couldn't lace those americans' shoes for ability.

The business is a great geeza film, Danny Dyer again, based on a true story ggod watch. Even mugs off the hottie at the end.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The business is a great geeza film, Danny Dyer again, based on a true story ggod watch. Even mugs off the hottie at the end.

Dyer and Hassan, a, modern day Newman and Redford 

49 minutes ago, Xela said:

Well, he wouldn't get mugged off by the cybermen any more. He'd organise a tear up under the arches in south London!

As for the daleks... bunch of fakhin tin caaannnts! 

Frank Harper leader of the Cybermen

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BOF said:

How long does it take to get properly into its stride? I find it really hard to take to Jason Bateman playing Jason Bateman in everything, so that plus the general narrative that it was trying to piggyback off the success of Breaking Bad made me steer clear. I did watch 2 episodes but figured it wasn't worth it.

Show is ok, just a bit too ridiculous and every season has a big lull in the middle which makes it hard to binge as you watch 2 episodes where nothing really happens and you've had enough for the day. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks to MJ I just looked for a Montypython sketch (from the 60s) that I've never seen before and I've just found the episode on Dailymotion. It's about the Piranha brothers, two London gangsters, one of who is called Dinsdale. One of Dinsdale's ex-girlfriends tells a journalist a little angrily that there was nothing unusual about him. Well, except that he was convinced that he was being watched by a giant hedgehog called Spiny Norman. (Which could sometimes be up to 800 yards long). 🤪😅🐾 Crazy stuff! Those Montypython guys were really zany!

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, robby b said:

Thanks to MJ I just looked for a Montypython sketch (from the 60s) that I've never seen before and I've just found the episode on Dailymotion. It's about the Piranha brothers, two London gangster twins, one of who is called Dinsdale. An ex-girlfriend tells a journalist he was always cheerful apart from when he got paranoid that he was being followed by a giant hedgehog called Spiny Norman. (And which could sometimes be up to 60 yards long). 🤪😅🐾 Crazy stuff! Those Montypython guys were really zany!

Never found any of that stuff funny, maybe it was just the wrong era for me.

14 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Never found any of that stuff funny, maybe it was just the wrong era for me.

I can understand that, there are quite a lot of their sketches that I don't find funny either, they're just too surreal and weird. But there are some others that I find really funny (like Scott of the Antarctic filmed on Paignton Beach or the Olympic hide and seek final, for example).

Edited by robby b

1 hour ago, robby b said:

Thanks to MJ I just looked for a Montypython sketch (from the 60s) that I've never seen before and I've just found the episode on Dailymotion. It's about the Piranha brothers, two London gangster twins, one of who is called Dinsdale. An ex-girlfriend tells a journalist he was always cheerful apart from when he got paranoid that he was being followed by a giant hedgehog called Spiny Norman. (And which could sometimes be up to 60 yards long). 🤪😅🐾 Crazy stuff! Those Montypython guys were really zany!

Doug and Dinsdale Piranha. They will nail your head to a coffee table.

• Haha 1

Â