Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

Dirk Gently is terrifically bizarre. Half way through and still trying to figure out what's going on. The female assassin character is deliciously creepy and funny in same moment. 

Yeah, I started to fancy her :mellow:. I googled the actress though and she's pretty...so I'm not a freak.

• Like 1

On 20/01/2017 at 13:11, darrenm said:

Finished A Series of Unfortunate Events the other night.

Started superbly, I wasn't sure of NPH's Count Olaf at first but his disguised characters were superb.

It started brilliantly and got better. Patrick Warburton as Lemony Snicket is sublime.

Watch it.

On Episode 3,  just not feeling it.

It's like a storyboard fell into the screen without any of the other bits thought about.  It's like a Ronald Dahl story without the good bits.

I've just finished The OA.

Spoiler

Firstly, I'm pretty sure this story could have fit in to a long film, not 8 episodes of weirdly varying lengths.

But you were all right, I feel cheated, what a ridiculous ending. I really thought that last episode would tie it all together and make sense of it all, but it seems they had no idea where it was going after all. 

I've just read that they're considering making more and there 'may' be a season 2...but that's ridiculous! If it doesn't happen then it'll never be explained and it'll be left with the 'was it all true?' ending, but if it does happen, surely it'll have to be explained and there'd be a definitive answer. So how can't they know, that doesn't make sense  to me.

oh and the movements -_-

5/10, don't bother.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I've just finished The OA.

Hide contents

Firstly, I'm pretty sure this story could have fit in to a long film, not 8 episodes of weirdly varying lengths.

But you were all right, I feel cheated, what a ridiculous ending. I really thought that last episode would tie it all together and make sense of it all, but it seems they had no idea where it was going after all. 

I've just read that they're considering making more and there 'may' be a season 2...but that's ridiculous! If it doesn't happen then it'll never be explained and it'll be left with the 'was it all true?' ending, but if it does happen, surely it'll have to be explained and there'd be a definitive answer. So how can't they know, that doesn't make sense  to me.

oh and the movements -_-

5/10, don't bother.

I agree with everything you said there. It left me utterly frustrated at the end. I was almost going to give up on it about 3/4 way but thought I may as well finish it now I've come this far.

• Like 2

On 20/01/2017 at 17:05, Chindie said:

Sadly, it isn't. But it's still good, and has some awesome moments.

So far I'm enjoying it as much. But granted only on episode 3 now I've seen this as well as Jessica jones amy eagerly waiting defenders!

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So far I'm enjoying it as much. But granted only on episode 3 now I've seen this as well as Jessica jones amy eagerly waiting defenders!

I enjoyed it as much as the first season tbh Dem. It's probably a little more 'patchy' than the first series, but when it hits the high spots it really hits.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just now, Designer1 said:

I enjoyed it as much as the first season tbh Dem. It's probably a little more 'patchy' than the first series, but when it hits the high spots it really hits.

It's still a good series and I enjoyed it but it's less consistent. They have 2 plotlines going on and 1 is just weaker than the other. But as a D1 says the high points are really good. The 'corridor fight' is great (literally the only downside is more obvious fakery in their making it look like a single take) and there's a bunch of other great moments.

I also have a inbuilt dislike of a character they introduce so I am somewhat biased, not helped by not rating the performance at all.

Only a few weeks until the series that should set up the Defenders, Iron Fist. Surprised there's not been another trailer...

On 1/22/2017 at 11:22, villa4europe said:

Anyone watched frontier yet?

will start a new one tonight, it'll be that, quarry or Goliath I think

On episode 4 of Frontier. I like it enough, it reminds me of Turn, which I really liked. Frontier jumps around a lot and the characters lack depth, but it's early days yet. If you started Quarry you won't be disappointed.

With the third season finally being shown this year, I've started to watch Twin Peaks.

i didn't catch it when it was originally shown in 1990/1991 so got hold of the box set. 

really enjoyed the pilot/1st episode but my god it looks so dated!! 

Will plough through the series over next few weeks. 

Just about to finish Sons of Anarchy, with only the last episode to go. Have to say, I've enjoyed most of it but the final series has been a little OTT (compared to the already exaggerated events of previous seasons) and I'll be glad when it's done.

18 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

With the third season finally being shown this year, I've started to watch Twin Peaks.

i didn't catch it when it was originally shown in 1990/1991 so got hold of the box set. 

really enjoyed the pilot/1st episode but my god it looks so dated!! 

Will plough through the series over next few weeks. 

Going in spoiler free? Keep us updated, it'll be interesting to hear your thoughts (minus the dated-ness, which yes is pretty painful at times), especially what the show becomes after the 'reveal'. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hogso said:

Going in spoiler free? Keep us updated, it'll be interesting to hear your thoughts (minus the dated-ness, which yes is pretty painful at times), especially what the show becomes after the 'reveal'. 

Yes, totally oblivious to the reveal (but aware there is one) so looking forward to getting through it. 

V01 - sounds typically David lynch! Nothing ever makes much sense with him at the helm!!! 

watching the national TV awards

we seem to put so much focus on to garbage TV, the awards are for soaps, for whatever Ant and Dec are doing

best drama nominees were cold feet, casualty, happy valley, night manager and game of thrones, casualty won...according to the british public causalty is the best drama on TV...**** me

complete waste of time

• Like 1

Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders

Fairly easy watching. Not groundbreaking in the slightest, but Gary Sinisie is like a hot water bottle... comforting on cold nights! 

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

watching the national TV awards

we seem to put so much focus on to garbage TV, the awards are for soaps, for whatever Ant and Dec are doing

best drama nominees were cold feet, casualty, happy valley, night manager and game of thrones, casualty won...according to the british public causalty is the best drama on TV...**** me

complete waste of time

The British public are absolute morons. 

Apparently Ant & Dec have been voted the best presenters for 16 years running or something. The mind boggles. 

• Like 1

call the midwife beat peaky blinders and stranger things for best period drama

its just been a very strange awards show, dont usually watch them if im honest, pretty every award is shit, an online public vote for awards is just daft IMO, the demographic that will actually vote isnt very representative, its a massive pissing contest

much like music im not sure if we actually have a reputable tv awards, from what i can remember even the BAFTAs are a bit suspect

Â