Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'd say it's ticking along nicely but not properly grabbing me yet, some of the dark moodiness feels forced at times

I know what you mean but I like the moodiness, it was really **** rancid, cutthroat and dark times so sunshine and daisies can stay in the larkrise to candleford world please, this is dank, primal, bloody and murky, of which the BBC don't do enough of. 

But then I'm a miserable word removed so maybe that's why I like it :)

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I've been very slowly watching Vikings from the beginning.

I kinda like it, despite some godawful acting and very liberal interpretation of history, but **** hell it just feels slow. Every episode feels about 6 times longer than it is.

How far have you got? It certainly has some slow episodes, especially when they introduce new characters (the first two episodes of current series (4, part 2) were particularly plodding, but it's getting better now. 

The siege of Paris sequence (4/1 iirc) is bloody spectacular though. 

Edited by mjmooney

Started Bloodline on Netflix last night. First episode was very promising and helped by the fact I have a bit of a man crush on Kyle Chandler :wub:

Just watched the first two episodes of Lemony Snicket.

Oh my, it is absolutely glorious.

Visually stunning (the set design is outstanding). Brilliant cast, gorgeously offbeat writing which nails the feel of the books perfectly. 

Genuinely hard to find a fault with it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Just watched the first two episodes of Lemony Snicket.

Oh my, it is absolutely glorious.

Visually stunning (the set design is outstanding). Brilliant cast, gorgeously offbeat writing which nails the feel of the books perfectly. 

Genuinely hard to find a fault with it.

1 thing that slightly irritates me is I don't think Neil Patrick Harris takes the character quite far enough. He's like Barney with a disguise. Same mannerisms, voice etc. I think he could really have gone to town, a bit like Jim Carrey but obviously doing it his own way.

14 minutes ago, darrenm said:

1 thing that slightly irritates me is I don't think Neil Patrick Harris takes the character quite far enough. He's like Barney with a disguise. Same mannerisms, voice etc. I think he could really have gone to town, a bit like Jim Carrey but obviously doing it his own way.

Couldn't disagree more tbh.

He's way closer to the book version than JC was.

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

Couldn't disagree more tbh.

He's way closer to the book version than JC was.

Fair enough. Never read the books. You don't keep thinking of Barney from HIMYM?

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

How far have you got? It certainly has some slow episodes, especially when they introduce new characters (the first two episodes of current series (4, part 2) were particularly plodding, but it's getting better now. 

The siege of Paris sequence (4/1 iirc) is bloody spectacular though. 

Just finished series 2.

The series seems to move through treacle. It's pretty good as it goes, slowly, through things and it has excellent moments in there, but really feels slower than it actually is. The entire plot of the second series would be about 6 episodes of another show. And that's even with the show making crossing the North Sea be like more or less going round the corner. The longboats are like the teleporters from Star Trek! Thankfully though, you'd feel yourself age watching if it went any slower.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Just finished series 2.

The series seems to move through treacle. It's pretty good as it goes, slowly, through things and it has excellent moments in there, but really feels slower than it actually is. The entire plot of the second series would be about 6 episodes of another show. And that's even with the show making crossing the North Sea be like more or less going round the corner. The longboats are like the teleporters from Star Trek! Thankfully though, you'd feel yourself age watching if it went any slower.

It got better for me when King Ecbert came into it. the Vince McMahon of the viking era

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

I cant see them ever making another sherlock after that pile of shite 

Moffat is a truly dreadful writer.

I'm also not convinced that he or anyone else working on the show understand why series 1 was so well liked.

Elementary is a far better Sherlock Holmes programme.

• Like 3

Â