Jez

Barton on a free with a hard nose manager like AM keeping him in line? Absolutely. We need a bit of menace in the side, especially in CM. He can also play some pretty good football.

Yes please.

Why do clubs keep bidding for Cameron freaking Jerome? You'd think that Fulham, a club that has Zamora, Dembele, Dempsey et al on their books would have no need for someone who adds so little even to Birmingham City.

Can't believe the number of people on here who want Bellamy at Villa.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if we sign that pondlife, that's me finished with Aston Villa until he's gone. I feel that strongly about it.

you mean Barton I assume?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if we sign that pondlife, that's me finished with Aston Villa until he's gone. I feel that strongly about it.

If rocket polishers and idiots stopped you watching football then surely you haven't watched it for about 15 years?

you mean Barton I assume?

Sorry, yes. But you can understand how I did that!

I mean... why not wait 6 months!?
Because you'd have a lot more competition for his signature and while you might still get him, you have a higher chance of not getting him. Where someone like Real Madrid might not like the idea of giving £16m for someone with 6 months left on their contract, you can bet they'd pony up on wages and go toe to toe with you on someone for a free transfer.