Jez

I mean... why not wait 6 months!?

I don't think Man City are too bothered about having to shell out that much when there would have been massive competition for his signature if they waited 6 months.

With regards to Nasri, if I were making the decisions at Citeh, I'd go all out to get him. Yes he only has a year left on his contract, but that doesnt actually affect his potential value to City, which is what they should be prepared to bid up to. For example, they were reportedly prepared to pay upwards of £30m for Pastore or Sanchez, yet in reality, Nasri would probably be a better player for them. Ofcourse they don't want to have their pants pulled down, but I genuinly think that someone like Nasri would be far more beneficial for City than another big name South American flavour of the month player.

That said, I think they have enough play makers, and introducing someone like Nasri could hamper the performance of someone like Silva.

Roma have completed the signing of Maarten Stekelenburg from Ajax for €6.3m plus performance-related bonuses. The goalie has signed a 4 year contract and will pocket €2.7m a year.

Roma have completed the signing of Maarten Stekelenburg from Ajax for €6.3m plus performance-related bonuses. The goalie has signed a 4 year contract and will pocket €2.7m a year.

Great signing for Roma. Surprised Arsenal didnt go for him

"...continuing the piss-poor tradition of Arsenal 'keepers who I wouldn't trust to catch a cold. In a tundra. Because he's shit."

Words from a memorable rant by a VTer after the Carling Cup Final eh Gareth? ;)

Arsenal have said they're prepared to let Nasri's contract just run down, so they were never going to sell him cheap anyway. Either Man City offered good money, or they face competition for him next summer.

Arsenal wont let his contract run down, what ever the latest press quote.

Probably not, but by saying they would be prepared to it's forced Man City into paying over the odds, again.

Aquilani to AC Milan maybe on..

Very strange considering they already bought Pirlos replacement in Montlivo??

The **** have they. You'll make do with Aquilani and be done with it. 8)

Arsenal wont let his contract run down, what ever the latest press quote.

Probably not, but by saying they would be prepared to it's forced Man City into paying over the odds, again.

Absolutely!