Jez

Yeah ive those stories too mate. Thats what happens when you give a party loving 18 or 19 year old lad millions and he then has a bad injury and cant do nothing for 18 months. Probably did it out of bordom or pissed off because of the injuries.

If he can get back to where he was, well...he can achieve what he wants in the game imo.

Seriously talented young man.

Douchez, never heard of him but like the name :-)

Arsenal still heavily linked with Juan Mata at £15-17 million. What a fecking bargain if true. The boy has skills. Cool article about him here with some good vid clips.

So if it comes off, thats Mata signed for a few million less than Stewart Downing...crazy times

Mata skill.

Arsenal are now just Chris Samba and a good DM backup for Song away from being title contenders again....

As for City, well i bet a few top clubs are starting to shit themselves, particularly Liverpool who look like they might not get back in the champs league spots anytime soon. Aguero is top notch. An absolutely lethal striker who is very creative aswell.

Not long ago City were splashing serious money but were spending it on overpaid overhyped players who were never going to be good enough for someone who wants to be the best team in the world. Now they are signing some of the best players in the world with no signs of slowing down.

For me though they still lack world class defenders, or a goalkeeper for that matter. They also need a truly world class CM to play alongside Toure. Once they get that, and improve the back 4 (which i expect to be done by this time next year) they will be ready for a title shot.

Its sickening how they have gone about signing strikers though and puts it into perspective how hard it is to compete with them. Was it 30 mill on Jo and RSC? When they didnt work out no dramas just spend another 30 mill on Robinho. Not working out either? Oh well lets just get Tevez, and add Dzeko while you are at it.

Now Tevez wants to leave, and they dont even need to wait to sell him before spending 40 odd mill on his replacement.

I thought Chelsea were bad but City are in another league entirely. Its sickening but fascinating at the same time. And if anything it can onlt accelerate the demands for changes to the way clubs operate financially.

Douchez, never heard of him but like the name :-)

Arsenal still heavily linked with Juan Mata at £15-17 million. What a fecking bargain if true. The boy has skills. Cool article about him here with some good vid clips.

So if it comes off, thats Mata signed for a few million less than Stewart Downing...crazy times

Mata skill.

Arsenal are now just Chris Samba and a good DM backup for Song away from being title contenders again....

Gibbs is made of glass so they kinda have no LB ATM.

Sign Enrique and a strong dominating centre back.

Sign Mata, sell Fabregas, move Nasri into his position and get him to sign a new contract.

And get in a leader or 2 and then they have a chance at achieving something.

I'm sure I read somewhere that mata has it in his contract that if Valencia reject a bid from a top team they have to pay him 700k a year more which they can't afford and therefore will accept arsenals bid

To get that written into his contract Matas agent must be a genius!

I'm sure I read somewhere that mata has it in his contract that if Valencia reject a bid from a top team they have to pay him 700k a year more which they can't afford and therefore will accept arsenals bid

Are Arsenal a top side?

Are Arsenal a top side?

Yes.

arsenal not a top side? Course they are. A constant top 4 prem team and regular in the qtrs, semis or final of the champs league.

I agree with the comment on Gibbs. I like the look of him, but he is very raw and injury prone. They surely must have someone lined up to replace Clichy (who has been pretty shite for them for the last 2 years) as even Wenger isnt mad enough to have a single left back going into the season, although Traore is back from loan i believe.

I hear apparantly Eboue is available. I would love him here. A very good right back and decent cover for the right wing also, and i believe he can play left back at a push. We could therefore cover 3 vital positions in which we are lacking with a single player. Wenger seems to set sensible prices too when selling players.

Chris Samba / Jagielka / Mata and a DM and for me they would possibly have the best squad in the league.....thats assuming Nasri and Fabregas stay.

As for Fabgregas, Arsenal arent budging on their 40 mill valuation and rightly so. Look at the market these days and 40 mill for someone so talented, so young and yet so expierienced is a fair price. Nasri will stay and will likely leave on a free next summer unless Arsenal have a really good season.